15Five's Performance Ratings+ tool allows you to automate numerical scores for review cycle participants based on a custom formula that combines aggregate scores from self and/or manager review answers. Once a participant's review cycle is complete, you can view their performance rating in their review summary.
In this article, you will learn...
- Who can see a person's performance rating?
- How to view a person's performance rating
- How to see how a person's performance rating was calculated (Only available to review admins and cycle collaborators)
Access and availability
⛔️ Required access to Best-Self Review®.
👥 This article is relevant to all roles.
📦 This feature is available in the Perform and Total Platform pricing packages.
Who can see a person's performance rating?
By default, review admins, cycle collaborators, and a person’s direct manager, additional managers, and review viewers can see a participant's performance rating. Other roles that may have visibility into a person's performance rating are as follows:
- Skip-level managers can view ratings for their hierarchy if hierarchy visibility is enabled in the review cycle.
- A review cycle participant can view their own performance rating if the "Performance rating is visible to review participants" setting is enabled in Best-Self Review® feature settings.
View a person's performance rating
- Click on Best-Self Review® in 15Five's main, lefthand navigation.
- Click on the name of the review cycle you want to view results in.
- You're now on the review cycle's Overview page. From here, scroll down to the 'Cycle Participants' section and click on the name of the participant you want to view results for. You can use the filters at the top of the page to search for the participant.
- You're now on the participant's 'Summary' tab of review results. Scroll down to the 'Performance Ratings+' section (towards the bottom of the summary) to see their performance rating.
See how a person's performance rating was calculated
When viewing a person's performance rating, review admins and cycle collaborators can see how the participant scored on sections of the review cycle that determined their performance rating. Performance ratings are calculated based on the performance ratings formula assigned to the review cycle.
- Click View score calculations at the bottom of the 'Performance rating' section of a person's review summary.
- You're now in the person's 'Performance Ratings+' results section. Click the down arrow next to View score calculations.
- The 'Score calculations' chart will open. This chart is a detailed breakdown of how the person's performance rating was calculated.
- Rating Component: This column contains all sections from the review cycle question template included in the performance ratings formula. In other words, the sections whose answers were used to determine a person's performance rating.
- Weight: This column shows how much impact the rating component had on the person's performance rating, and is calculated using the formula (Section Weight + Review Weight).
- Normalized Weight: This column shows the normalized weight for the rating component, and is calculated using the Component Weight formula, which can you see under a person's total score. The normalized weights for all rating components add up to 100%.
- Score: This column shows how the person scored in the rating component and is calculated from the section's answers and expressed in percentage value.
- Weighted Score: This column shows the percentage score that the participant received in the rating component, and is calculated using the formula (Score * Normalized Weight). All weighted scores are added together to determine a person's performance rating.
Click on 'Performance ratings formula' to open the performance ratings formula that's applied to the review cycle.
Click the arrow to the left of a rating component to open a drawer that shows what answers the participant received to questions included in the rating component.
Hover over a column header to see how it's calculated.
Hover over an underlined percentage to see a breakdown of how it was calculated.
View the overall formula used to determine performance ratings and a legend of characters used in calculations under the total score.
Related articles 📖
- An overview of the Performance Ratings+ feature
- How to create and manage performance ratings formulas
- How to download a participant's review cycle results