The information contained in this article has been combined into our "Create an engagement campaign" article. This article will be archived in Q3 2023.
👥 Only Engagement Admins can create engagement campaigns.
Targeted campaigns allow you to create engagement campaigns for different groups within your organization. This can be helpful when you want to assess engagement of employees at different points in their employment journey— for example, new hires.
In this article, you will learn...
Create a targeted campaign
- Click Engagement in 15Five's main, left-hand navigation to open the Engage Portal.
- You will be taken to the Campaigns tab of the Engage Portal. From here, click the + Add Campaign button.
Name your campaign. Choose a specific name so admins will be able to recognize its purpose and audience.
Select participants. This is the step in which you create a targeted campaign, rather than a company-wide campaign. Check the box next to "Specific groups" and use the dropdown menu to select what groups you want to include in your survey. Groups are separated in the dropdown menu by group type.
Some thing to keep in mind as you select filters:
- If you select more than one group within a group type (for example, if you select both the “Customer Support” and “Sales” groups within the "Teams" group type), all members of the Customer Support team and all members of the Sales Team will be included in the survey.
- If you select more than one group across different group types (for example, if you select the "Customer Support" group within the "Teams" group type and the "Leadership team" in the "Groups" group type), people who are members of both the Customer Support group and the Leadership team group will be included in the survey.
- At the very least, five (5) participants should be included as participants due to the "Rule of 5." If at least five people do not submit their surveys, you will not be able to view campaign results.
- Campaign participants will only include people who are in selected groups when the campaign begins (i.e. on the start date). All participants will "lock in" once the campaign begins.
- If you create a repeating targeted campaign, when the current campaign closes, a new campaign will be automatically created on the backend. The participant list at that point will be included in the next, recurring campaign.
Exclude individuals. If there are members of selected groups that you don't want to participate in the survey and who are not globally excluded from engagement campaigns, select their names in this section to exclude them from participating in the engagement survey.
Decide whether or not you want the campaign to repeat. If you want to automatically have the next assessment ready for you to run in the future, you can set the campaign to repeat. This will create a copy of the campaign once it closes and set the start date the number of days in the future you indicate in the setting.
Select a feedback filter. To protect confidentiality, open-ended question answers collected from any survey in a campaign can be filtered by one group type. Use this section to select the group type you would like to view comments by. This cannot be changed after a campaign starts.
Add surveys. Every campaign must have at least one survey. You can add a survey by clicking the Add Survey button in the 'Surveys' section. Each survey will appear in the same user experience for employees in the order set in the list below. Surveys can be previewed when they are added or by clicking the three dot menu and viewing them.
Manage the campaign schedule and notifications. Select a start and end date for the campaign.
Once you select a start date, we will auto-generate dates for 5 reminder notifications to sent out to campaign participants. This is the default and recommended cadence— organizations using this cadence average an 82% response rate on our platform. Only non-respondents will be sent reminders.
Then, select a Campaign Notification Type, which determines how the reminder notifications will be sent for the campaign. You can choose Email, SMS, both, or neither types of notifications.
- When you're done adjusting settings for the engagement campaign, scroll to the top, right-hand corner of the page and click Confirm. Your engagement survey will launch on the start date.