Targeted engagement campaigns allow you to send surveys out to specific groups of individuals within your organization. This can be helpful when you want to assess the engagement of employees at different points in their employment journey— for example, new hires.
In this article, you will learn...
Access and availability
⛔️ Required access to create engagement campaigns.
👥 This article is relevant to Engagement admins.
📦 This feature is available in the Engage, Legacy Perform, and Total Platform pricing packages.
Create a targeted campaign
- Click Engagement in 15Five's main, left-hand navigation.
- You'll land on the Engagement Overview page in 15Five. From here, click Go to Engage to open the Engage Portal.
- Click +Add Campaign in the top, right-hand corner of the page to open the 'Campaign Details' page.
- The first section of the Campaign Details page is "Campaign Details". In this section, you can customize basic details about the campaign.
Select a campaign name. If desired, select a different name for your campaign.
Select campaign participants. Use this section to select which employees you want to receive the engagement survey. By default, all users in the Engage system are assigned as participants. However, you create a "targeted" campaign for only members of specific groups.
Due to confidentiality standards for engagement surveys, you must include at least 3-5 participants in the campaign to have access to results.Some things to keep in mind when creating a targeted campaign:
- If you select more than one group within a group type (for example, if you select both the “Customer Support” and “Sales” groups within the "Teams" group type), all members of the Customer Support team and all members of the Sales Team will be included in the survey.
- If you select more than one group across different group types (for example, if you select the "Customer Support" group within the "Teams" group type and the "Leadership team" in the "Groups" group type), people who are members of both the Customer Support group and the Leadership team group will be included in the survey.
- Campaign participants will only include people who are in selected groups when the campaign begins (i.e. on the start date). All participants will "lock in" once the campaign begins.
- If you create a repeating targeted campaign, when the current campaign closes, a new campaign will be automatically created on the backend. The participant list at that point will be included in the next, recurring campaign.
Decide whether or not you want the campaign to repeat. Finally, you can select whether or not you'd like the campaign to repeat. By default, surveys are set to repeat every 90 days, but you can update the preferred cadence for the organization by going to Settings > Assessment Settings. Here, you can choose not to repeat the survey, or change how often you want it to repeat.
If you choose to repeat a campaign, Engagement Admins and Organization Admins will get a reminder about the scheduled assessment thirty days before the start date. You can use the auto-scheduled date, or reschedule to a date that works best for your organization.
- The next section of the Campaign Details page is "Surveys." Here, you can customize which surveys you want to include in your engagement campaign and other campaign settings.
Add surveys to your campaign. Add a survey by using the 'Select a survey' dropdown menu and clicking Add.
Added surveys will appear in the list at the bottom of the 'Surveys' section. From here, you can use the six dots to the right of a survey name to drag and drop surveys in the order you'd like them to appear to participants.
Preview what your campaign will look like. To preview what the engagement campaign will look like to participants, click Preview Survey in the top, right-hand corner of the survey list.
Select a feedback filter. In this section, you can select a feedback filter. To protect the confidentiality of survey participants, open-ended question answers collected from any survey in a campaign can be filtered by one group type. Use this section to select the group type you would like to view comments by.
- The last section of the Campaign Details page is "Campaign schedule and reminders". In this section, you can customize milestones and notifications.
Select a start and end date/time. Use the date/time fields to customize when the campaign will be sent to participants and when responses will be cut off.
Customize notification type. Next, select how you want notifications to be sent to participants. Options are email, SMS, email and SMS, or none.
Customize when notifications are sent out. Here, you can customize the date and time that notifications will go out to participants. When you set the start date for your campaign, we will automatically add dates and times for the 5 notifications, which employees will get at the scheduled time. This is the default and recommended cadence, and organizations using this cadence average an 82% response rate. Only non-respondents will receive reminders.
Confirm the campaign. Once you're satisfied with your settings, click Confirm at the bottom of the page.
A popup will appear that contains your selected settings. When you're reading, click Confirm Campaign.
Make changes before launch. If you need to make any changes before the campaign launches on the start date, click Unconfirm.
- The campaign will be sent to participants on your selected start date/time.