'Wins & challenges' is a private section of 15Five that allows you to collect a list of your employee's biggest wins and toughest challenges— making reflection easier down the road. You can add items from your direct reports' Check-ins to their wins & challenges, making it easy to recall their successes and roadblocks when it comes time to fill out a review cycle or hold a meeting. Employees can also add items from their Check-ins to their own, private wins & challenges.
In this article, you will learn...
- How to add a win or challenge for your direct report
- How to see wins and challenges when writing a manager review
Access and availability
⛔️ Required access to Check-ins.
👥 This article is relevant to managers.
📦 This feature is available in the Perform, Focus, and Total Platform pricing packages.
Add wins & challenges for my direct report
Managers cannot see the personal wins & challenges their direct report adds for themselves. They can, however, populate their own set of wins & challenges for that person. The wins & challenges added by the manager are only visible to the manager.
- While reviewing your direct report's Check-in, click '...' to the right of the answer you want to add as a win or a challenge and select 'Add to wins & challenges' from the dropdown menu.
- Once an answer is added to wins & challenges, it will appear in the Check-in with a banner that says, "[Your name] flagged for wins & challenges."
- Now head on over to view the Company directory and find your direct report's name. Click their name to open their profile page.
- Under the header containing your direct report's avatar, click into the 'Wins & challenges' tab. Only you can see these wins & challenges— not your direct report, account admins, or anyone else.
- The item will appear in the "Unsorted" section to begin with, but you can drag and drop the item into the correct category by hovering over the answer and using the six dot icon to it's left.
- Last but not least, click Add a new note to provide context as to why you added the item to Wins & challenges, so you have something to refer back to when it comes time for a review cycle or 1-on-1 meeting.
See wins & challenges when writing a manager review
When writing a manager review in a Best-Self Review® cycle, you can access wins & challenges for the subject of the review in the resources section.
- From within the review you're writing, click View resources in the bottom of 'Review details' box. This box is located on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Resources will appear on the right-hand side of your screen, and include High Fives, Wins & challenges, Objectives, Past Check-ins, Feedback, and Past reviews. Click the dropdown menu and select 'Wins & challenges' from the dropdown menu.
- By default, only wins & challenges you've added in the past month will show. Click the Last month filter in the top, right-hand corner of review resources to show items from the last 3, 6, or 12 months.