Self reviews within a Best-Self Review® cycle are reviews in which participants reflect on their own performance. This is an opportunity to share your perspective on how you performed and developed throughout the review period, as well as reflect on challenges you faced so your manager can support your growth moving forward.
In this article, you will learn...
Access and availability
⛔️ Required access to Best-Self Review®.
👥 This article is relevant to Review cycle participants.
📦 This feature is available in the Perform and Total Platform pricing packages.
Complete my self review
- Click on Best-Self Review® in 15Five's main, left-hand navigation bar.
- Click on the name of the review cycle you want to write a review in.
- You're now on the review cycle's overview page. From here, open the 'Write reviews' tab at the top of the page.
- Click on your name using the "Reviews" bar on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Now it's time to write up your self review. Fill in all fields with your feedback.
As you write your answers, we recommend using objective language, focusing on observable behaviors, and providing specific examples.
- Click View resources in the top, right-hand corner of a question section to see personal 15Five data you can use to inform your review answers (including High Fives, Wins & Challenges, Objectives, Past Check-ins, Feedback, and your Career path).
Once you're done, click Submit at the bottom of the review.
Edit my submitted self review
If you left out a piece of important feedback, or simply want to change one of your answers, you can edit your submitted review. A review that has been reopened for editing will temporarily be unavailable for anyone besides the review author to view. The review will reappear when resubmitted by the review writer.
- Open the review, then click Edit review in the top, right-hand corner of the page.
- If your manager has already seen your self review, you will see a button that says Request to edit review. In this case, your manager must first approve your editing request before you can edit the review. You will receive an in-app notification when your request is approved.
- Make desired changes. When you're done, click Resubmit at the bottom of the page.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes. You can draft your review and return to it at any point— your changes will save automatically.
Your self review will be visible to your manager, hierarchy*, additional managers, and review viewers, as well as review admins and cycle collaborators, upon submission.
* A person's hierarchy will only be able to see their review results if the 'Hierarchy visibility' option is enabled in your company's Best-Self Review® feature settings.
There are a couple of scenarios in which you won't see the option to edit a submitted self review. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot:
You cannot edit a self review without permission if your manager has already seen it. In this case, you will see a button that says Request to edit review. Your manager must first approve your editing request before you can edit the review.
- You cannot edit a self review if results have already been shared with you. To resolve this issue, you can ask your manager to unshare review results, make the desired edits, and then have your manager re-share review results.
- You cannot edit a self review in a locked review cycle. Locking a review cycle prevents any further reviews from being submitted or edited. To resolve this issue, ask a review admin or cycle collaborator to unlock the review cycle. Once the cycle is unlocked, you should see the option to edit your review.