It's time to check in, meaning write your 15Five report! Assuming you haven't changed any of your notification settings, you should receive an email prompting you to complete your report. Follow the steps below to begin the reporting process. You are going to do great!
For a video walkthrough of the 15Five check-in, click here.
To begin completing your 15Five:
- From within the reminder email, click on ‘Complete Your 15Five’ to be directed to your account. OR you can also access your 15Five report any time by logging in and going to the '15Fives' tab.
- Enter your responses in each section. Pressing your 'Tab' button will create a new item. You can create several entries per question.
- When you’re finished with your responses, click ‘Submit' at the bottom of your 15Five. Now it’s off to your Reviewer!
Why is this important? It gives you a voice! Check out: How Employee Feedback Could Have Saved GM.
Will 15Five save a draft of my report?
- 15Five automatically saves a draft of your report as you go. This allows you to enter in responses throughout the week as they come up and then submit the report when you're ready. Drafts are a great way to keep track of successes and challenges in the moment; there is no need to struggle to remember them when your reporting deadline arrives.
- From your 'My 15Fives' tab, under 'My history', 15Fives that have drafts saved will be called out; see the above screenshot.
- Only you will be able to view your 15Five check-in drafts, even if the report was never submitted.
- When you are finished filling out your 15Five, click 'Submit'. That's it! Your reviewer will receive an email notification that you submitted your report.
Answer your Pulse question
Each week pulse check asks "How are you feeling?" on a 1-5 scale. You can add an optional answer to your pulse question explaining your answer. By clicking on the lock icon, this optional answer will be marked as private for you and your reviewer only.
For more information about the Pulse check, see this article.
Why is naming your feelings important? Check out the science!
Update your Objectives and Key results from your 15Five
From within your 15Five you can:
- Update your status, 'On track', 'Behind', 'At risk'
- Comment on the reasoning for your status (optional)
- Update your progress on Key results
- Use the '...' to view the objective's full details or to close an objective
Set Priorities and track accomplishments
On your current report, you will see a question asking about your priorities for the coming reporting period. You will list your priorities for the next week (or relevant time period) and submit your report. Please see this related article for more information on Priorities.
Give a High Five
The option to give a High Five will be included in the last section of your 15Five. This High Five will be sent once the 15Five is submitted.
Want to make sure your High Five resonates? Check out the High Five Best Practices to learn how to give an effective High Five.
How to mention a teammate in your report
Want to give praise for teamwork or have the ability to bring the relevant person into a conversation in order to resolve issues quickly? With @mentions you can! You can include as many team members, even groups, as you want- right in one comment.
For more information about @mentions, see this article.
- Go to the comment or answer section of your 15Five.
- Type in the @ symbol and the first letter or two of the team member or group you want to include.
- Select the name of the person and continue typing your comment. Then click on 'Post comment.'