There are times when we have objectives that might carry over to additional quarters, but we still want to keep the progress tracked by quarter. You can clone that objective so you can easily place it in a new timeframe or adjust key results, without losing previous progress. Cloning simply allows you to close out, archive, or delete the previous objective and start again with as little or as much of the same information as you'd like.
If you are looking to extend the dates of an objective, you can do that by editing the objective. If the objective is an aligned objective, just make sure the dates are still equal to or fall within the parent objective's dates when you edit.
Permissions for cloning objectives
- Company admins can clone objectives owned by anyone in their organization.
- Reviewers can clone objectives that they themselves own or that are owned by people below them in the hierarchy (their direct reports, their direct reports' direct reports, and so on).
- Reporters can only clone objectives that they themselves own.
Clone an objective
1. Click on Features from the left navigation.
2. Click on 'Objectives'.
3. You will land on the 'All objectives' page.
4. Click on the objective you wish to clone.
5. Click on the gear icon.
6. Select Clone objective.
7. Edit objective details, if necessary.
8. Finish your objective by clicking the Create objective button.