There are times when we have objectives that might carry over to additional quarters, but we still want to keep the progress tracked by quarter. You can clone that objective so you can easily place it in a new timeframe or adjust key results. Cloning simply allows you to close out, archive, or delete the previous objective and start again with as little or as much of the same information as you'd like.
If you are looking to extend the dates of an objective, you can do that by editing the objective. If the objective is an aligned objective, just make sure the dates are still equal to or fall within the parent objective's dates when you edit.
To clone an objective
1. Click on your 'Objectives' tab.
2. Click on the objective you wish to clone.
3. Click on the gear icon.
4. Select 'Clone objective'.
5. Edit objective details, if necessary.
6. Finish your objective by clicking the 'Create objective' button.