Any time you're ready to take a vacation, going to be out of the office, or are heading out on leave, 15Five is here to help you skip your Check-ins. Our vacation tool allows you to set your out of office period and pick and choose which Check-ins should be automatically skipped until you return. Your Check-in status in app and in Reporting will show as "On vacation". Check-ins marked as "On vacation" will not negatively impact your submission rates.
Any individual can set a vacation for themselves. Reviewers can set vacations for their direct reports. Account administrators have the ability to set a vacation for anyone in the company.
If you are a reviewer and you mark yourself on vacation, your team will still be prompted to submit their Check-ins and you will still be required to review the Check-ins. You can review the Check-ins you missed upon your return.
To add a vacation for multiple people, or a group, see this article.
Add a vacation for yourself
1. There are two ways to get to the 'My settings' page.
Option #1 Click on your avatar in the upper right corner of your page and then click 'My settings'.
Option #2: Click on Settings from the left navigation.
Click on 'My account' to expand your account settings.
Then click 'My settings'.
2. Click the 'Vacations' tab.
3. Add your vacation dates.
If you have already added vacations in the past, you need to click the Add a new vacation button.
4. Choose which Check-ins you would like to skip during your time out of the office. This is optional. Any Check-ins with a reporting period that overlap your vacation period are checked by default.
5. Click Add vacation.
Max vacation length is 6 months.
Add a vacation for someone else
Account administrators can add vacations for anyone in the company. Reviewers can add vacations for their direct reports.
1. Click on Settings from the left navigation.
2. Then click on 'People' to expand the people settings.
3. Last, click on 'Manage people'.
4. Find and click on the person who needs a vacation added for them.
3. At the top of the person's account settings, click Vacations.
4. Select Add a new vacation.
5. Add the vacation dates.
6. Choose which Check-ins you would like for the employee to skip during their time off. This is optional. Any Check-ins with a reporting period that overlap the vacation period are checked by default.
7. Click Add vacation.
Remove vacation or complete a skipped Check-in
There may be times when you set an out of office period, but you need to undo your time off in order to reopen your Check-in and submit it. For example, you didn't end up taking a day off, your manager would like to you answer the questions that were on the specific Check-in you skipped, or you felt like you needed to give input even though you were out of the office. Here is a quick way to reopen a skipped Check-in.
1. Click on your avatar in the upper right corner of your page and then click 'My settings'.
2. Click the 'Vacations' tab.
If you want to remove the vacation completely, click the trash can icon.
If you just need to edit your vacation period, click on the pencil icon.
Deleting or editing vacations will reopen the Check-ins that were previously being skipped.