This article covers:
- How to enable Objectives
- How to change Objective permissions (i.e. enable private objectives, limit company-wide objective creation, open managing objectives to hierarchy reviewers)
- How to disable Objectives
To enable Objectives:
1. Click on your avatar in the upper right corner.
2. Select 'Manage Features'
3. Scroll down to the Objectives section and toggle on Objectives
4. Last, select 'Configure' to set dates, currency, default permissions, and departments
To change permissions for Objectives:
We often get asked, "Why can I only create a Public Objective?" or "I don't want my self-development objective to be public..." 15Five admins have access to choose between all objectives being public, or customizing the visibility settings. Below are the steps on how to customize Objective permissions.
Another use case for Objective permissions is restricting who can create company-wide objectives. You might not want account admins, reviewers, and reporters to create company-wide permissions. Those creation permissions can be managed using the below steps as well.
1. Click on your avatar in the upper right corner
2. Select 'Manage Features' from the dropdown menu
3. Scroll down to Objectives and click 'Configure'
4. Click 'Permissions'
5. From the 'Permissions' tab, select the desired settings for your company.
If you want people to be able to create objectives other than 'Public' objectives, you should select 'Custom' under 'Objectives privacy settings'. After selecting 'Custom', you will be prompted to choose which Objective permissions you'd like to allow. You can read more about these permissions in this article.
If you want to allow reviewers to create, edit, assign, and manage objectives for their entire hierarchy (not just their immediate direct reports), choose the second option under 'Who can create, edit, and assign objectives?'. On the contrary, if you like the limited permissions that reviewers have with creating and maintaining objectives, leave only the standard permissions checked.
If you want to restrict company-wide objective creation, find the 'Creating, editing, and assigning objectives' option and expand it. Then choose the 'Custom' option and your preferences.
7. Remember to save your changes.
To disable Objectives:
1. Click on your avatar in the upper right-hand corner
2. Click on 'Manage Features'
3. Scroll down to the Objectives section and toggle off Objectives
Success Center article 🗒: Manage objectives