First, it is important to differentiate between a Group and a Department. A Group is created to facilitate Group Questions. A Department allows you to set Department Objectives.
Your groups will not be synced with departments, so you will need to create new departments for objectives- even if you have groups set up for questions. You can read more about group functionality here.
Create or edit a department
1. Click on your avatar in the upper right corner.
2. Click on 'Company settings' or 'My account'.
3. On your left hand navigation under the Features section, select 'Objectives'. You can also click onto 'Manage features' and 'Configure' your Objectives settings.
4. Then click 'Manage departments'.
5. Last, click the 'Create' button or select the Department you need to edit.