For 15Five account administrators and managers, it is likely that you joined 15Five early on in the rollout—before other team members are invited. After some initial configuration and prep work, you've introduced 15Five to your team and are ready to invite more people. There are a some things you should know before adding new people to 15Five.
1️⃣ Invites will expire after 30 days. If the invite expires, you need to reactivate the person via the 'Manage people' page in 15Five from the 'Deactivated' tab.
2️⃣ Invite emails can be delayed for a later rollout date using our Start date option. This means that when the start date hits, people will be able to log into 15Five, but not before.
3️⃣ 15Five will not charge for created or pending individuals. You will not see a charge until the invite is accepted and the individual becomes active. Billing for the new individual(s) is prorated based on the activation date and the time left in your current subscription period.
4️⃣ When people log into 15Five for the first time, they will see an onboarding guide walking them through the Check-in. To get a preview of the onboarding guide, use this link. The onboarding guide will vary slightly for reporters, reviewers, and account creators. To see screenshots of all guides for all roles, check out this article.
Success Center article 🗒: Employees: the basics of 15Five
Success Center article 🗒: Use 'Start date' to delay new individual invite(s)
There are a few ways to invite people to 15Five. First, you can invite people one by one. Second, you can bulk import people using our CSV import tool. Lastly, you can use an IdP/HRIS integration to provision people to 15Five. We will walk through each of these methods below.
Invite one person at a time
1. Click on the Settings menu at the upper right corner of your 15Five account and then click Add a person.
If you do not see the add a person option, you can click People and then the Add a person button.
2. After clicking Add a person, you'll land on the 'Settings: Add a new person' page.
3. Fill in the fields accordingly. The only required fields are First name, Last name, and Email. This page is known as the person's account settings.
If you want to add the individual to 15Five today, but don't want the email invitation to go out until a later date, use the 'Start date' field. Invitations will go on out the date specified in that field, assuming you chose to send an email invite. Leave the 'Start date' field blank if you want the invite to go out immediately so that people can sign into 15Five right away. You can read more about start dates in this article.
4. When it comes to sending invite emails, you have two options.
- If you want to send an invite email, either immediately or on the start date, make sure the 'Send invite email' box is checked and the Invite Message looks good.
- People who are added with this box unchecked will appear as Created on the 'Manage people' page—Created meaning an invite email has not been sent and is not queued to be sent. You will need to manually send invite emails to these people when you're ready for them to log into 15Five.
- Manually send invite emails to these people at a later time using the Send invitation button on the 'Manage people' page.
5. After you have added all information and confirmed the invite email settings, click Save or Save and add another.
If you receive a notice that says "User with this email already exists", that means the person's email is in the system already and they simply need to be reactivated. Or, if already active in 15Five, they need to be reassigned to be on your team.
Bulk import people via CSV
This is the easiest option for inviting more than 2-3 people. Only account administrators can bulk import people.
CSV import files must include an email address for all new individuals. Other than email, all other fields are optional—though we do recommend first and last names. More info on columns you can add to your bulk import in the steps below.
Success Center article 🗒: Bulk import or update individuals
1. Click on the Settings menu at the upper right corner of your 15Five account and then click People.
2. Once on the 'People' page, click on the 'Import' tab.
From the 'Manage people' page, you can also click the dropdown arrow next to Add a person and you will see an Import from CSV option—if you're an account administrator, of course.
3. Once on the 'Import' page, we strongly suggest clicking Download current structure before making any bulk changes to your account. Doing so will not only provide you with a template to use, but will also allow you to save your current structure in case you need to refer or revert back to it at a later time.
4. Review the column header options as well as the formatting requirements for CSV imports. If you want to add people to 15Five and assign them to a reviewer or group(s) at the same time, you can do that via the import too! Choose any or all of the below column names to be included in your import.
Leave the 'Start date' fields blank (or remove the column entirely) if you want the invites to go out immediately which will allow people to sign into 15Five right away. For more information on start dates, see this article.
5. Click Choose file and find the file from your computer that you would like to import. The file must be in UTF-8 CSV format, not Numbers or another format.
Report 📊: Download a CSV of current individuals
6. Once you have selected the file that you want to import, a 'Preview import' screen will appear. Review the changes to be made before moving to the next step.
7. When it comes to sending invite emails to these newly imported people, you have two options.
- If you want to send the invite emails, either immediately or on the start dates provided, make sure the 'Send invite email' box is checked and the Invite Message looks good.
8. Click Finish import.
Use an integration to invite people
We have various integrations that will provision/deprovision people to 15Five automatically for you. Check out the below articles for enabling an HRIS or SCIM integration to provision people.
- Configuring SCIM with OneLogin
- Configuring SCIM with Okta
- Configuring SCIM with Azure AD
- Configuring SCIM with GSuite
We have created a new workflow for customers using SCIM. By default when SCIM is enabled, we have removed all invite and reactivate/deactivate options from the 'Manage people' page. When you want an individual to have access to 15Five you just need to add them to the 15Five app in Okta or your IdP and their profile will be active very shortly after; the same goes for reactivating and deactivating. Then, those individuals will click on the 15Five app in Okta or their IdP and successfully be able to login to 15Five without needing additional login credentials.