You've introduced 15Five to your team, and are ready to get everyone invited. There are a some things you should know before adding your team.
1️⃣ Invites will expire after 30 days. If the invite expires, you will need to reactivate the user from the 'Manage people' section of 15Five. Invites will be sent immediately, and cannot be delayed for a later rollout date.
2️⃣ After a user is invited, you will be unable to edit their profile temporarily. Maybe you added the wrong reviewer, due day, or misspelled their name; you can update these fields after the invite is accepted.
3️⃣ 15Five will not charge for invited/new users until the invite is accepted and the user becomes active. Billing for the new user(s) is prorated based on the activated date and the time left in your current subscription period.
4️⃣ When people log into 15Five for the first time after being invited, they will see an onboarding guide walking them through the 15Five check-in. To get a preview of the onboarding guide, use this link. The onboarding guide will vary slightly for reporters, reviewers, and account creators. To see screenshots of these guides, check out this article.
Success Center article 🗒: Employees: the basics of 15Five
Success Center article 🗒: Use 'Start date' to delay new user invite(s)
Video 🎥: Product/feature videos
Invite from the 'Manage people' page (easiest for inviting a few people)
1. There are two ways to get to the 'Manage people' page.
Option #1 Click on your avatar in the upper right corner of your page and then click 'Manage people'.
Option #2 Click on 'Settings' from the left navigation.
Then click on 'People' to expand the people settings.
Last, click on 'Manage people'.
2. Once on the Manage people page, click 'Invite people' at the upper right of your page to invite individuals one by one.
3. Set up a new person by filling in fields on 'Add new person' screen. The only required fields are first name, last name, and email. This page is known as the person's account settings.
If you want to add users to 15Five today but don't want the invitations to go out until later, use the 'Start date' field. Invitations will go on out the date specified in that field. Leave the 'Start date' field blank if you want the invite to go out immediately so that people can sign into 15Five right away. You can read more about start dates in this article.
If you receive a notice that says "User with this email already exists", that means the user's email is in the system already and they need to be reactivated or assigned to your team.
4. Remember to save your new person or save and add another.
Invite from the 'Team 15Fives' page (easiest for managers to add to their own team)
1. Click on 'Features' from the left navigation.
2. Click on '15Fives' to expand the 15Five check-in options.
3. Next, click on 'Team 15Fives'.
4. At the bottom of your team's current 15Fives, there is a section titled 'Add Teammates'. Add the email address of the person you would like to invite to your team in the field. Multiple people can be added at once, using commas between email addresses.
People added from the 'Team 15Fives' page will automatically report up to the person who added them. If one of your employees is already in the system but is assigned to another reviewer, you will need to contact your account administrator(s) to have the employee switched to report to you.
5. When you're done entering the email(s), click 'Add'. You can also use the 'bulk import from CSV' to invite multiple people at once.
Bulk import people (easiest for inviting a group of people)
CSV import file must include an email address. All other fields are optional. If you are hoping to have your whole team imported and added to groups in the same step, you can use the 'active_groups' column header to do so.
Success Center article 🗒: Bulk import or update users
Bulk imports are not available for SCIM customers.
1. Click on 'Settings' from the left navigation.
2. Then click on 'People' to expand the people settings.
3. Last, click on 'Import'.
4. Select 'Import' on your left-hand side navigation.
From the 'Manage people' page, you can also click the dropdown arrow next to 'Invite people' and you will see an 'Import from CSV option'.
5. We strongly suggest clicking 'Download current structure' before making any bulk changes to your account. Doing so will not only provide you with a template to use, but will also allow you to save your current structure in case you need to refer or revert back to it at a later time.
6. Review the column header options as well as the formatting requirements for CSV imports.
Leave the 'Start date' field blank if you want the invite to go out immediately and allow people to sign into 15Five right away. For more information on start dates, see this article.
7. Click 'Choose file' and find the file from your computer that you would like to import.
Report 📊: Download a CSV of your current users
We have created a new workflow for customers using SCIM. By default when SCIM is enabled, we have removed all invite and reactivate/deactivate options from the 'Manage people' page. When you want a user to have access to 15Five you just need to add them to the 15Five app in Okta or your IdP and their profile will be active very shortly after; the same goes for reactivating and deactivating. Then, those users will click on the 15Five app in Okta or their IdP and successfully be able to login to 15Five without needing additional login credentials.