What is the purpose of groups? Well, if you have a large staff, 15Five can help you keep your reports in order by creating groups. 15Five company administrators can create a group with anyone as the group admin and can include anyone as a member. Reviewers in 15Five can create a group with only themselves as the group admin and can only include those people in their hierarchy as members. Once the group is created, only company admin and the group admin can manage.
That being said, some companies have the need for different types of groups, other than just 'Groups' or 'Departments'. For example, you might have Squads, Divisions, Locations, Teams, etc. These subsets of your company should be created as 'Group types'. Within each of those group types, you will create groups. For example, you might have an 'R&D' group under the type 'Squads', a 'North America' group under the type 'Divisions', a 'New York' group under the type 'Locations', etc. Below are the steps to create group types and groups.
Before you create a group, we suggest creating a group type. Then you can create a group(s). Then you can add people to the group(s) and manage the settings. Let's get to it.
Create a group type and/or group:
1. Click on your avatar in your upper right hand corner.
2. Click on 'Manage people'.
3. Click on 'Manage groups' in your left hand navigation.
4. You will see two default Group types- 'Groups' and 'Departments'. If those two groups suffice for your company structure, you can skip ahead to step 7. If you need to create additional group types, process to steps 5 & 6.
If you are a reviewer, you can also skip ahead to step 7.
'Departments' is the default group type that we included to give you a head start on your group organization. Any Objectives departments will appear in the Departments group type. It can not be deleted, but feel free to rename 'Departments' to a group type title that is applicable for your company or move your departments into another group type.
5. Create an additional group type by clicking the 'Create a new group type' button. Again, this functionality is only available to company admin.
6. Name your group type and 'Save'.
7. After your group types look acceptable, you can create a new group. Click on the name of the group type for which you need to add a group to.
9. Name your group.
10. Double check that the group is being created under the correct 'Group type'.
11. Select a group admin. (This field is optional.)
12. Add group members.
13. Choose the settings for your group.
Success Center article 🗒: Set permissions and visibility for my group
Success Center article 🗒: Using questions to gather insights
Success Center article 🗒: Set priorities and track accomplishments 14. Make sure to click 'Create group' when you're done!