15Five questions are fully customizable and you can manage them at anytime. If you need some inspiration on questions, you can use our Question Bank to easily ask a variety of questions designed to increase your performance, engagement, and culture. Otherwise, here is an overview of your 15Five Questions feature. For more detailed walk throughs of creating questions, question queues, and the Question bank, check out this page.
Types of questions you can ask in 15Five
- Plain text: These are regular plain text questions with no formatting.
- Yes/No: These questions are for simple Yes/No responses.
- Numerical: Metric questions are quantitative question types that work with our visual trend/poll dashboards to aggregate and analyze your data. This option is only available on 15Five Plus. With 15Five Plus you can ask, measure, and manage just about about anything you can think of for your team.
- Rating scale: This allows you to ask scalable questions.
- Question Bank: We provide a list of Questions for you to ask your team so you can always keep your questions fresh.
Setting up metric questions
Metric questions are quantitative question types that work with our visual trend/poll dashboards to aggregate and analyze your data. To create a metric question use one of the following types for your question: Yes/No, Numerical, or Rating scale.
Who can I create a question for?
- Company wide: These questions are available to all users. Users or groups who have opted out of company-wide questions will not see these.
- Group Specific: These questions are just for specific groups. If you have not created your groups, you can see a walkthrough on that process here.
- Person Specific: These questions are just for specific people and will only show up on this one person's 15Five.
What frequencies are available for questions?
You can also select the frequency of each question. Choosing a frequency other than weekly will cycle that question in and out of 15Five based on your desired timing.
When creating a question, you will choose the frequency under “How often is this question asked?”. Choose the frequency that works best for your company, and the reporting period which you would like to first see the question appear. Question frequencies can be changed over time by editing the question(s).
Frequency Options for Questions
- Show in every 15Five: question will appear on every report.
- This is a one-time question: choose which reporting period you want the question to appear on, one time only.
- Schedule this question: select the frequency and which report you would like the question to appear on. Scheduling questions in 15Five allows you to schedule questions in advance without impacting the current question line up. You can schedule questions weekly, bi-weekly, monthly or quarterly.
Want to automatically rotate new questions into 15Five? A Question Queue contains a group of questions, from which, one will appear in each 15Five on a rotation basis. A full walkthrough of the Question Queue feature can be found here.
- Question Queues are set to rotate automatically; i.e. once the question has been asked it moves to the bottom of the queue - similar to a music playlist. You can set the rotation to be weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly.
- If you do not want these questions to rotate, click the Repeat icon (two arrows) to turn this function off.
- We recommend using 12 or more questions to start with. This allows a new question each week of the quarter.
- You can set up a single Question Queue to be visible company-wide, one queue per group, and one queue per individual.
- Questions in your queue can be reordered by dragging and dropping. Use the 6 dots to the left of the question.
- Question queue frequencies can be edited using the gear icon.
- New questions can be added at any time using the '+' icon.
- Last, specific questions can be edited by clicking the pencil icon to the right of the question.