How do I use imports to make bulk group changes?
If you have a large team, you can use our option to make bulk group changes by uploading a CSV file with user information. The email address field is the only required field; the other fields are optional.
- If you are making updates, we do suggest creating a company backup first.
- Export the current user list here.
- Remove all rows and columns that you do not wish to edit. In this case, remove all columns except for email and "active_group_names".
- Save the new CSV.
- Import the new CSV here.
Special notes about imports
- If you are referencing a group in your CSV file, make sure you created the group in 15Five first.
- If you remove a group in the CSV file it will remove the user from that group.
- If this is your first time using 15Five and you are importing your team, here is a CSV file that will help you prepare your import.
- If a user belongs to multiple groups, you can enter each group name separated by commas. For example: Sales, SF Team, Customer Success.
- Bulk imports are not available for SCIM customers.