Peer reviews are where one employee will be asked questions about another employee's development, which leads to increased performance, goal orientation, and the growth mindset! It is a win-win to recognize and be recognized. If during the review process, you as a manager need to help nominate peers for your direct report(s), this article will walk you through how to do that.
Peer nomination process for your team
- Only your direct report(s) that are participants in the review cycle can have peer reviews written of them.
- As a manager, it is likely that the first interaction you will have with your direct reports in a review cycle is during the peer nomination window.
- Peers can be nominated, by reviewer or direct report, up until the cycle end date or until the review has been finalized- whichever comes first.
- Peer nominations can be removed up until the peer accepts/declines the nomination.
- If you choose to nominate peers on your employee's behalf, they will automatically be approved by you and passed on to the peer for acceptance/denial. We recommend only nominating peers who work closely with your direct report(s).
- Depending on the review settings, any peer nomination that has not been rejected/approved by the manager approval deadline will be auto-approved. To update this auto-approval setting a review admin can edit the settings, prior to the manager approval deadline.
- You can monitor peer nominations for your team by clicking on the 'Peer nominations' tab for the cycle and then find the section 'Peers for my team'.
To nominate peers on behalf of your team
1. Click on your 'Reviews' tab.
2. Click on the name of the cycle you need to work on. It will be under the 'Active review cycles' section.
3. Click on the 'Peer nominations' tab.
4. Click on the 'My team' tab.
5. Find the participant you would like to add nominations for, and click 'Add peer' to the right of their name and existing peers.
You can also find a direct report using the search option.
6. A screen will pop up that allows you to add peers on your direct report's behalf. Peers that you nominate via this option are nominated and approved simultaneously.
If your company has a max/min limit set up, you may be limited in the amount of peers you can nominate for your direct report(s). In the above example, "You can nominated 1 more peer for this review".
7. Choose the peer.
8. Click 'Confirm'.
9. After nominating a peer(s), the peer(s) will receive an email asking them to accept/decline the nomination.
If a peer declines a nomination, the manager and the participant will both be notified.
If a peer accepts a nomination, no notifications are sent out until the peer submits their peer review.
10. Here is what the nomination looks like for you while waiting for peer acceptance/declination.
Use the dropdown arrow to get added insight into Brandon's peers and those statuses.
11. While you are waiting on the peer to accept/decline the nomination, feel free to send them a reminder email using the 'Nudge' button.
12. Once the peer has accepted the nomination, you will see a green check mark by their name on the 'My team' page. See the above screenshot for an example.