Peer reviews are where one employee will be asked questions about another employee's development, which leads to increased performance, goal orientation, and the growth mindset! It is a win-win to recognize and be recognized. If you as a manager need to help nominate peers for your direct reports, this article will walk you through how to do that.
Peer nomination process for your team
- Only your direct reports that are participants in the review cycle can have peer reviews written of them.
- As a manager, it is likely that the first interaction you will have with your direct reports in a review cycle is during the peer nomination window.
- You can nominate peers on your employee's behalf, up until the 'Manager approval' deadline.
- If you choose to nominate peers on your employee's behalf, they will automatically be approved by you and passed on to the peer for acceptance/denial. We recommend only nominating peers who work closely with your direct report(s).
- Depending on the review settings, any peer nomination that has not been rejected/approved by the manager approval deadline will be auto-approved. To update this auto-approval setting a review admin can edit the settings, prior to the manager approval deadline.
- You can monitor peer nominations for your team by clicking on the 'Peer nominations' tab for the cycle and then find the section 'Peers for my team'.
- Peer nominations can be managed up until the peer accepts/declines the nomination.
To nominate peers on behalf of your team
1. Click on your 'Reviews' tab.
2. Click on the name of the cycle you need to work on. It will be under the 'Active review cycles' section.
3. Click on the 'Peer nominations' tab.
4. Scroll to the 'Peers for your team' section. Find the employee you would like to add nominations for, and click 'Manage peers' to the right of their name.
5. A screen will pop up that allows you to choose and approve peers for your employees. Manager nominated peers are nominated and approved simultaneously.
6. After nominating a peer(s), the peer(s) will receive an email asking them to accept/decline the nomination.
If a peer declines a nomination, the manager and the participant will both be notified.
7. Once the peer has accepted the nomination, you will see a green check mark by their name on the 'Peer nominations' page.