A revolutionary performance management practice that supports employees on their journey of success, instead of just giving them a grade. Follow the steps below to customize the settings for review cycles. These settings are the global review cycle settings. Every new review cycle will follow the selected settings.
- Click on your avatar/profile picture in the top right of your 15Five page.
- Click on 'Manage features'.
- Scroll down to the Best-Self Review™ section and click 'Configure'.
Success Center article 🗒: Edit review settings for an active cycle
Due to the often sensitive nature of reviews, a specific review administrator(s) need to be assigned. These administrators will be able to create review cycles, question templates, and view all in progress and completed review answers. Select your review administrators here. Review admins don’t have to participate in a review cycle to see progress and results.
Success Center article 🗒: Add a 15Five company administrator
Exclude groups or individuals from your reviews
Our reviews are company-wide, but we understand there might be people you want to exclude from the process, like contractors or interns. This is a global exclusion from all review cycles.
Globally excluded groups or individuals cannot be participants, will not be asked to complete a self review, will not be asked to complete manager reviews, will not be asked to complete an upward review, and cannot be nominated as a peer. This setting is not the same as excluding a group or individual from a specific cycle.
Privacy is a big deal, which is why we want you to choose the ideal visibility setting for your organization.Options for visibility:
- Hierarchy visibility: Review answers can be viewed by the individual, their manager, anyone above their manager, and review admins.
- Basic visibility: Review answers can be viewed by the individual, their manager, and review admins.
Selecting peers for peer reviews
We recommend each employee nominate three to five peers. Control the minimum and maximum number of peers an employee can nominate. This maximum number only prohibits a participant from nominating more than "x" number of peers and does not stop a participant from accepting x, 15, 20, etc nominations.
Peer transparency for peer reviews
Control whether the employee being reviewed can see peer answers listed by name.
Options for peer transparency:
- Fully transparent: All peer answers will be transparent to everyone who can see the review.
- Peer identity is hidden from the employee: The employee will see peer answers as anonymous but the answers will be transparent to their manager, anyone above their manager, and review admins.
- Fully anonymous: All peer answers will be anonymous to everyone who can see the review.
Direct report transparency for upward reviews
Control whether the manager being reviewed can see direct report answers listed by name.
Options for upward review transparency:
- Fully transparent: All upward answers will be transparent to everyone who can see the review.
- Direct report identity is hidden from the manager: Direct report identity is hidden from the manager.
- Fully anonymous: All upward answers will be anonymous to everyone who can see the reviews.
Release peer and upward feedback
We encourage managers to share all peer and upward feedback to employees but this might not always be appropriate. Control what feedback is released.
Options for releasing feedback:
All answers will be shared and no answers can be removed
Allow review admins to remove answers from a review before results are shared
Allow review admins and managers to remove answers from a review before the results are shared
Review kick-off email
Kick off your review cycle with an announcement to your participants; give them insight into the review process, timeline and point people to get in touch with if they have questions.
Best-Self Review company notification settings
Options for emailing participants:
- when a new review cycle launches
- 7 days before their review is due
- 3 days before their review is due
- the day that their review is due
- if their review is overdue
- when self-reviews are submitted (managers only)
- when review results are shared
Disable Best-Self Review
Disabling the Best-Self Review feature will remove the tab from the main 15Five header for all users. All your review data will be saved in case you choose to re-enable this feature at a later date.
Success Center article 🗒: Create your review question templates