Once your self review has been submitted, your manager will get a notification, and will be able to see your review. You can freely edit the review up until your manager has seen it by following the steps below, meaning you do not need permission to edit it as long as your manager has not viewed it.
If your manager has already seen your self review, you have to request to edit and either your manager or a review administrator must approve that request. They can do so by opening your self review and clicking the Allow editing button.
Similar to editing a Check-in, a review that has been reopened for editing will temporarily be unavailable for reviewers and review administrators to view. The review will reappear when resubmitted by the review writer.
Edit your self review
1. Click on Best-Self Review® from the left navigation.
2. Click on the name of the cycle you need to work on. It will be under the 'Active review cycles' section.
3. Click on the 'Write reviews' tab at the top of the cycle overview page.
4. To the left of your self review, there is a 'Review details' box.
5. In that box, there is an Edit review button- click that button to start editing.
6. Make your edits, and remember to click Resubmit.
Success Center article 🗒: Complete upward review of my manager (if upward reviews are included in your cycle AND your manager is a participant)