Did you forget to add some important feedback to a manager review you wrote for your direct report? Or maybe you simply need to make a few changes before you share the review with them. No fear— you can easily reopen your manager review for editing and make adjustments.
As a general rule, manager reviews can be reopened for editing up until results have been shared with your direct report. However, you will not be able to edit any answers in the Private Manager Assessment section of your manager review once the review is involved in an active calibration session (if calibrations are included in your review cycle). If you need to edit a Private Manager Assessment answer after a calibration session for your manager review has begun, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you've already held a final meeting with your direct report to go over review results and want to make additional notes about what was discussed, consider putting that additional insight in their review summary!
A review that has been reopened for editing will temporarily be unavailable for anyone besides the review author to view. The review will reappear when resubmitted by the review writer (in this case, you— the manager).
Edit your submitted manager review
- Click on Best-Self Review® in the the left-hand navigation of 15Five.
- Click on the name of the cycle you need to work on under 'Active review cycles'. This will open the review cycle.
- Click on the 'Write reviews' tab at the top of the cycle overview page.
- Look for the 'Reviews' box on the right-hand side of your screen, then find and click on the name of the direct report whose manager review you need to edit (under 'Manager reviews').
- There are likely multiple review tabs for the direct report you're viewing. Double check that you're on the 'Manager' tab. If you don't see the option to edit the review, you may be on the 'Summary' tab instead.
- Once you are looking at the correct, previously submitted manager review, click the Edit review button at the top of the page, next to your direct report's name.
- Make any desired edits, then scroll to the bottom of the review and either Resubmit review or Resubmit & review next.