There are two places to update the status of a key result: from your Check-in and from the Objectives page.
You will only see objectives that you own or objectives whose key results you own from your Check-in. You will be able to see all objectives (with the exception of private objectives) from the Objectives page. Just because you can see an objective or key result on your Check-in or from the Objectives page, does not mean you will be able to update them.
Success Center article🗒: Who can update key results and for whom can they update?
Success Center article 🗒: Edit a key result
Update a key result from your Check-in
1. Click on Features from your left navigation.
2. Click 'Check-ins' to expand the drop-down menu.
3. Click on 'My Check-ins'.
4. Click on View my history at the top right of your page. If you are already on your current Check-in, no need to click into another Check-in- proceed to step 6.
5. You will see a Fill out Check-in button next to the week that you missed. Click that button to open and complete your Check-in.
6. Find the 'Objectives' section on your Check-in.
7. You will be able to see all key results related to the objective in question, even the ones not assigned to you. To see who can update whose key results, see this article.
8. Update your key result(s). The objective's progress will update as you update your key results, even if you have not yet submitted your Check-in.
9. Click Submit (when you're ready)!
Edits made to key results from your Check-in will not take effect until you submit your Check-in. If you want to make a change that will go live immediately, please make that change from within the 'Objectives' page by following the steps below.
Update a key result from the 'Objectives' page
From the 'Objectives' page you can:
- Update your status, 'On track', 'Behind', 'At risk'
- Update your progress on key results
- Comment in the Objective 'Activity feed'
- View the parent objective (if aligned)
- Add additional key results
- Assign key results to owners
1. Click on Features from the left navigation.
2. Click on 'Objectives'.
3. You will land on the 'All objectives' page.
4. Click on the objective whose key result you want to update.
5. Update the progress of your key result by clicking into the current value field.
6. Tab or click off of the above field and the objective's progress will update accordingly.
7. Carry on with the rest of your day.