Did your company recently change your email domain, impacting all user email addresses? Maybe you got acquired and need to update email addresses to reflect your new company name. Or, maybe you changed the way names are formatted in email addresses and need to make updates accordingly. Whatever the situation, 15Five makes it easy to update email addresses in bulk, saving you time and effort.
In this article, you will learn...
If you need to update more fields than just email, check out our "Bulk import or update people" Help Center article.
If your company uses SSO, be sure to update email addresses in your Identity Provider before making any email changes in 15Five. Failure to update emails in SSO before updating them in 15Five will result in duplicate accounts being created for each new email address.
When following the instructions below, ensure that the "Email" field matches the current email address in each person's 15Five profile. The new email address will go under the "change_email_to" column.
Bulk update email addresses
This section walks through how to prepare a CSV for bulk import and upload that CSV to 15Five. As a reminder, if your company uses SSO, you must update their emails in your Identity Provider before completing the steps below. Failure to do so will lead to duplicate accounts being created for all new email addresses.
Prepare the bulk import CSV
- First, download your company's current structure. Most of the work is done for you!
- Remove all columns except the '
- Add a new column called '
change_email_to', and add new email addresses to this column.
- Once you're done entering new email addresses, save your file in UTF-8 CSV format.
Complete the bulk import
- Click the 'Settings' gear in the top right-hand corner of 15Five.
- Select 'People' from the dropdown menu to open the 'Manage people' page.
- Click 'Import' in the top navigation bar.
- You are now on the bulk import page.
- Click Choose file and find the CSV from your computer that you would like to import. Please note: the file must be in UTF-8 CSV format.
- Once you have selected the file that you want to import, a 'Preview import' screen will appear. Review the changes to be made before moving to the next step.
- Click Finish import. Changes are typically reflected in 15Five immediately, but if you are updating a large number of email addresses it may take up to 15 minutes.