If you find yourself needing to have 1-on-1 meetings with someone other than your direct report(s) or your reviewer, the 1-on-1s with anyone feature will be helpful. Say you work with a teammate on a couple projects and need regular meetings for updates. Or maybe you have a dotted line manager in addition to your reviewer in 15Five. These are examples of when 1-on-1s with anyone are beneficial. Once this feature is enabled, you will be able to set up a 1-on-1 with anyone in your company.
Enable/disable 1-on-1s with anyone
1. Click on 'Settings' from the left navigation.
2. Click on 'Features' to expand the feature settings.
3. Last, click on '1-on-1s'.
4. Expand the '1-on-1s settings' section by clicking on the arrow on the right.
5. In the drop-down options that appear, you can enable 1-on-1s with anyone by selecting "Employees can have 1-on-1s with anyone in the organization."
To disable, select "Employees can only have 1-on-1s with their managers and/or direct reports."
6. Remember to save your new settings.
7. We will confirm that the settings have been saved using this popup alert.
Changes on the 'My 1-on-1s' page
Awesome! You have enabled 1-on-1s with anyone, so what now? You will see a couple of changes when you go to your 1-on-1 dashboard. We have outlined them below.
Your 'My 1-on-1s' page will look something like this:
Creating 1-on-1s with anyone
There is a button labeled 'Create a 1-on-1' that allows you to create a new 1-on-1 with anyone in the company. For an in-depth walkthrough of how to create a 1-on-1 with anyone, see this article.
Your direct reports and/or manager will automatically be starred when this feature is turned on. You will now not only see your direct reports, but everyone that you have had past 1-on-1s with in the list. Once you create a 1-on-1 with another employee in your company, they too will show up in the list.
Want to learn how much this feature is being used? Check 1-on-1 activity data by reading this article.