As a review admin, it is important to track peer nominations. Tracking peer nominations helps to eliminate bottlenecks and ultimately keeps the flow and communication moving smoothly. Since nominations involve multiple people and steps, we created a report that will provide a snapshot of each nomination status. The report includes information on the participant who nominated, the peer who will write the review, the manager of the participant, time stamps of nominations and approvals, and the overall status of the nomination. Here are the steps to download a peer nomination status report.
Download a 'Peer nomination status' report
1. Click on 'Features' from the left navigation.
2. Click on 'Best-Self Review'.
3. Click on the name of the cycle whose peer nominations you would like to report on.
4. Use the 'Download' button in the top right of your cycle page to find the 'Download peer nomination status' option.
5. A pop-up window will appear asking you to choose a format for your download; CSV or XLSX.
Once you choose the format and desired columns, your settings for exports will be saved for any future report downloads. Meaning, your format and column preferences will remain next time you want to download any other Reviews report.
6. Download your status report.
What statuses might I see in the report?
The stages of a peer nomination are as follows:
- Participant nominates a peer.
- Participant's manager receives a notification to approve the peer nomination. While the nomination is waiting on the manager, the overall status in the download will say PENDING.
- Manager of participant either APPROVES, DECLINES, or DELETES the nomination. This is called the Manager Approval Status in the download.
- If the manager of the participant approves the nomination, the peer will receive a notification that they have been nominated.
- The peer either ACCEPTS or DENIES the nomination. This is called the Peer Acceptance Status in the download.
- Once the manager of the participant and the peer have taken action, the nomination process is complete. If the status of the nomination is ACCEPTED, the peer will need to write a peer review.
The Status column in the download reflects the overall status of the nomination. Options for overall status are PENDING (aka waiting for manager approval/declination), APPROVED (by manager), DECLINED (by manager), DELETED, ACCEPTED (by peer), DENIED (by peer).