If you need to create competencies or you need to update them for future review cycles, you can do so through the 'Manage features' page. You can also create and save competencies while creating a question template.
Things to note about competencies:
- Anywhere from 3 to 9 competencies can be added per question template. Self+manager template can house 3 to 9 competencies. Peer template can house 3 to 9 competencies. At this time, competencies cannot be added to Upward templates.
- If your company uses groups, you can add competencies for specific groups when creating your question template. For example, if only Leadership should be asked competency questions, add the competencies for the group 'Leadership' on the self+manager template.
- Competency responses will appear on the Summary for managers to review before sharing results with their direct reports/participants. The competency results and assessment will also be available to participants, managers, and review admin in the 'My/Team's/Company's Results' tab.
- At this time, we do not have the option for individual competencies or more than 9 competencies per template. We will continue to work on improving this functionality.
15Five does not have example competencies that are one size fits all. Ultimately, competencies will depend on your company and its mission + values, as well as each employee's job description. We do have an article that you will find helpful as you create and use competencies that are science-backed.
To manage competencies
1. Click on your avatar in your upper right corner.
2. Select 'Manage Features'.
3. Scroll down to the Reviews section and click 'Configure'.
4. Expand the 'Competencies' section.
To add a competency, click on 'Add another competency'.
To remove a competency, click on the 'x' icon to the right of the competency.
5. Click 'Save'.
6. These competencies will be pulled into the workflow when you go to create a question template. Competencies can be added to Self+Manager and/or Peer review templates.
More steps to be completed before creating your new cycle: