Changing group admins can be done by editing the individual group's admin or by importing a CSV with bulk group admin changes. If your company needs to add multiple group admins at a time, has had a large number of recent managerial changes, or maybe you have a new manager who needs to become the group admin of multiple groups, keep reading this article.
Bulk update group admins
1. After downloading your current company structure and/or creating a CSV with the applicable information, proceed to the steps below.
2. Remove all columns except for 'email' and 'is_group_admin_for'. If you are making other changes via the import, you can include those columns as well.
3. Include the emails of the people who need to be added as group admins and include the group name(s) in the other column. For example, if you wanted to add someone as the group admin for groups Product and Sales, your 'is_group_admin_for' field would look like this.
At this time, we do not have an option to remove group admins in bulk; only adding and/or changing. Additionally, each group can only have one group admin.
4. After you have your CSV ready to import, continue with the steps below.
5. Click on 'Settings' from the left navigation.
6. Click on 'People' to expand the people settings.
7. Last, click on 'Import'.
8. Scroll down and click on the orange button 'Choose file'. Open the CSV that you created.
9. Review for any errors and click the orange button 'Finish import'.