If your review admin(s) have chosen to allow peer-initiated peer reviews for your cycle, you will have the option to select teammates to write peer reviews of, without them first nominating you. In order to complete this process, you must first be a participant yourself and the peer(s) you select to write reviews of must also be participants.
In peer-initiated reviews, you and you alone, are in control of who you write peer reviews of. There is not approval process for peer-initiated reviews. That being said, your job as a peer is to include information about your coworker’s development, including constructive feedback to help them increase performance and goal orientation.
To learn more about giving effective feedback, see this article.
Peer-initiated peer review process overview
- You select which participant(s) you would like to write a peer review of.
- You can start drafting up your peer review(s) anytime after selecting.
- Complete your peer reviews and remember to submit.
- The peer's manager will receive a notification that you have completed a peer review.
- The peer's manager will look over your peer review and can remove items that are not constructive.
- Depending on the review cycle's settings, this peer's manager may or may not be able to see the peer review author (you).
- Your peer reviews will not be shared with the co-worker you reviewed until their manager shares the results. This usually is the very last step in the review cycle.
Complete your peer review(s)
1. Click on 'Features' from the left navigation.
2. Click on 'Best-Self Review'.
3. Click on the active cycle that applies.
4. Then click on the 'Manage peers' tab.
5. Using the drop down menu, select the participant(s) that you would like to write a peer review of. Your immediate manager and your direct report(s) will not appear in the list. A review of your manager is an upward review and a review of your direct report is a manager review.
6. Review your selections and click 'Select peers'.
7. From this page, you have the option to view or remove your selected peers.
Selecting 'View' will take you to the peer review for that person.
Selecting 'Remove' will remove the peer, meaning you will no longer be expected to write a peer review of them.
8. Begin drafting up your peer review(s) and submit when complete.
You can also view all reviews that you are responsible for writing through the 'Write reviews' tab.