👥 Only account admins can manage company-wide notifications.
As an account admin, managing company-wide email notifications is essential in ensuring your employees are aware of important updates, due dates, and milestones to drive adoption and keep everyone on the same page.
In this article, you will learn...
- Considerations and recommendations for managing notifications
- How to configure company-wide notifications
🎥 Are you more of a visual learner? Check out our video on managing company-wide notifications.
Considerations and recommendations
- Company-wide vs. individual notification settings. Individuals have the ability to manage what notifications they receive in their account settings. Account admins can also manage an individual's notifications by navigating to the person's account settings page and clicking on the 'Notifications' tab. If a notification is disabled in company-wide notification settings, it will not be possible to enable it in a person's individual notification settings.
- Does your company use Slack? If your company uses Slack for communication and you set up the Slack app for 15Five, individuals can dictate whether they want to receive certain notifications via email or Slack in their account settings.
- How do I know which notifications I should enable/disable? A good strategy is: if a email/notification is triggered by a person's action in 15Five (such as a Check-in being submitted), it's typically worthwhile to keep on. Emails/notifications that are triggered by a machine, however, can be kept to a minimum. Following this rule should minimize the distractions that your people experience at work and protect their time and attention.
- How do I know what content a notification contains? You'll see a See details link next to each notification, which you can click to open an example of the notification. For emails in which different roles (employee, direct manager, account admin) receive slightly different versions of the same email, we will show one preview that covers the subject and content of the email.
Configure company-wide notifications
- Click on the 'Settings' gear in the top, right-hand corner of 15Five.
- Select 'Company settings' from the dropdown menu.
Click 'Notifications' in the top navigation bar of the Company settings page.
On the notifications page, notifications are organized first by feature (Check-ins, 1-on-1s, etc) and then by type of email (activity updates, reminders, feature information). Use the arrow to the right of a section to expand the notification list.
Check the box under "Enabled" to enable a notification, or uncheck it to disable the notification.
To open a preview of a notification, click See details to its right. For emails in which different roles (employee, direct manager, account admin) receive slightly different versions of the same email, we will show one preview that covers the subject and content of the email.