If your company is about to start the journey with 15Five, but would like to begin with only Objectives, this article will walk you through how to do just that. "Only Objectives"= only the Objectives feature is enabled and 15Five check-ins will only include the Objectives section.
Configure "Objectives only" check-ins
15Five check-ins include multiple sections such as Pulse, Priorities, Objectives, Questions, and High Fives by default. That said, if you are an account admin and would like to remove all sections and only include Objectives, you can do that.
1. Go to the 'Manage features' page.
2. Toggle 'Pulse Check' and 'Attachments' off if they are currently on. Optional: Toggle 'Smart Groups' off.
3. If your company has Question Queue, Metric Questions, or Company-wide/Group/Individual questions enabled, go to the 'Manage questions' page and deactivate or delete all active questions.
4. From the same page, click on the '...' in the Question Queue section. Then click 'Manage settings' and toggle the question queue off.
Save your setting.
Even though some question settings still show as on from the 'Manage features' page, they are disabled if you removed/deactivated active questions and active queues. See the first screenshot of this section to see what your features page should look like for Check-ins.
If a 15Five check-in already has draft answers for a question or questions, those questions will not disappear for the reporter until their next 15Five.
5. Back to the 'Manage features' page.
6. Click 'Configure' to the right of the Priorities option and disable this feature. Save your setting.
7.. Back to the 'Manage features' page.
8. Optional: Click 'Configure' to the right of the Reporter Feedback option and disable this feature. Save your setting. If your company does not have a Reporter Feedback option, you can skip this step.
9. Scroll down and click 'Configure' to the right of the Give High Fives option. Disable the 'High Fives in Check-ins' feature. This removes High Fives from appearing on check-ins, but still allows people to give High Fives from the feed.
If you wish to disable the High Five feed and/or the High Five leaderboard (which essentially turns off High Fives all together), you can do so from the same High Five configurations page.
10. Last, scroll down and toggle the Objectives & Key Results feature on.
11. Make sure that Objectives is enabled for the appropriate people and with the right permissions by clicking 'Configure' to the right of the Objectives & Key Results option. Use this article for information on each setting and make decisions on settings for your company based on your learnings.
If Objectives are not enabled for someone, their check-ins will be blank and they will not be able to own or update objectives.
For more information on managing your company's features, including all Objectives options, see these articles.
12. After completing the above steps, your check-in should look like this.
Notice that only the Objectives section appears on the check-in.
Disable additional features
You have disabled all aspects of the check-in, with the exception of Objectives. Now you want to disable other features such as 1-on-1s, Feedback, and Reviews. Similar to the above steps, disabling these features can be done from the 'Manage features' page. If you disable the below features, they will not appear in the top navigation for anyone in your company.
1. Start by toggling off the 1-on-1s feature.
2. Scroll down and click 'Configure' to the right of the Reviews option. At the very bottom of the Best-Self Review™ configurations page, there is an option called 'Disable Best-Self Review™'. Expand that option and click the button to disable Reviews.
3. Now the Reviews feature is off. Confirm this on the 'Manage features' page.
4. Scroll down and click 'Configure' to the right of the Feedback option and disable this feature.
5. Your top navigation should now look like this (assuming you disabled High Fives completely).
Congrats! Your team is ready to use 15Five for Objectives only. When you're ready, you can enable all features the same way you disabled them.