✍️ Note: 15Five will be sunsetting our Engagement+ product in the middle of 2022 and replacing it fully with our new Engage feature (powered by Emplify, a 15Five brand). During this time we are no longer supporting Engagement+. If you're a new customer looking to launch an engagement survey for your organization, please click here to access information about our updated Engage feature.
We’re going through a historical transition in the workplace — remote work is taking hold, productivity and work-life balance are top of mind for employees, and companies are adopting new apps and processes overnight. There’s nothing traditional about today’s work environment, so why measure employee engagement using outdated, unproven, and siloed methods?
Leading researchers in organizational psychology have critiqued employee engagement measurement for a number of years, saying that it’s an old concept, with an unclear definition, unproven results, and administered through outdated practices and technology. In the last decade, technology has made it possible for organizations of any size to send out employee engagement surveys, but this has only resulted is siloed systems of measurement and action.
According to Gallup, 65% of Americans are NOT engaged at work. Source: Gallup: 4 Factors Driving Record-High Employee Engagement in U.S.
15Five’s Employee Engagement Definition
Those who find work consistently energizing, inspiring, and meaningful by leveraging their strengths, values, and passions.
We are measuring what matters - engagement and thriving - to increase performance.
15Five and Engagement+ go deeper into all sciences that promote life above neutral, spanning four research disciplines from over eight top universities, including positive psychology, positive organizational scholarship, humanistic psychology, and organizational scholarship.
⭐️ Download the Engagement+ Best Practices One-pager!
Here are the high level benefits of 15Five's Engagement+ offering:
- Deeper, evidence-based approach to measure the things that matter- the things that drive employee engagement
- Understand how to maximize 15Five’s performance management capabilities by allowing organizations to diagnose where they’re at today and where they want their employee engagement to be
- Access to evidence-based templates that include over 30 psychological science research themes that provide unparalleled insight into whether people and organizations are reaching their full potential
- Flexible and customizable to each organization: ability to create custom templates, include only the people you want to participate, and set your own timelines (level of customization depends on account plan)
- Engagement+ lives within 15Five, eliminating the need for tool to measure employee engagement!
Traditionally, engagement and performance practices were not linked and were managed separately. With Engagement+, we're able to integrate engagement and performance into one application/practice, making it more impactful. This helps provide a cohesive experience for both employees and managers!
Guide 🗒: Engagement+ One Pager
Account administrators can choose one of 15Five's existing & scientifically backed templates: Engagement+ Fundamentals, Engagement+ Standard, Engagement+ Advanced, OR Plus plan account administrators can create a custom template. These templates entail dozens of psychological science research themes that include intrinsic motivation, positivity, fairness, strengths, and psychological safety. The out-of-the-box templates allow account administrators to gather extremely valuable information, even if they are unsure what questions to ask right off the bat.
- Engagement+ Fundamentals: The Engagement+ Fundamentals is the quickest way to measure engagement at your organization. This template works great for those who want a quick baseline measure. Themes: 10 Questions: 40
- Engagement+ Standard: The Engagement+ Standard is a more thorough measurement of engagement at your organization. This template is the most standard assessment of engagement. Themes: 21 Questions: 69
- Engagement+ Advanced: The Engagement+ Advanced thoroughly measures engagement but also starts to measure psychological wellbeing, i.e., thriving. This robust template provides deeper insights into your people's level of engagement and their potential. Themes: 21 Questions: 122
DEI Foundations: Create the critical foundation for long-term, sustainable, and effective DEI efforts through a baseline measurement of diversity, equity and inclusion. Questions: 12
- Blog post 📝:
- Plus plan account administrators can create a custom template.
Use Cases for Engagement Surveys
- High turnover
- Low productivity - understand how to maximize PM value
- Trust/communication issues
- Engaging a cross-generational workforce
- M&A/trigger event
- Leadership changes
- Infrequent surveys / lacking insights from existing surveys
- Help mitigate the issues of delayed or missing action plans from engagement surveys
- Wanting to incorporate engagement data into performance processes
Engagement+ is not recommended for: Exit surveys, Survey Monkey style, essentially any internal survey that is not an engagement survey.
Check out these additional resources ⬇️: