You're an account admin. You have created any additional, custom questions and templates that you would like to include in the survey. It is now time to create and start the survey. Before you create an Engagement survey, we recommend checking out this article to understand the science behind this feature.
Create an Engagement survey
1. Click on 'Features' from the left navigation.
2. Click on 'Engagement+' to expand the options.
3. Last, click on 'Surveys'.
4. Click on the orange 'Create a new survey' button at the top right.
5. Choose a Survey template- use either an existing template or click 'Create new template'.
Only Plus customers can create custom templates.
6. Review the Survey questions section- includes a preview of all questions for the template chosen in step 5.
7. Add a Survey name. Similar to naming review cycles, you will want to be specific when naming your survey. Use a name that will be easily identifiable for future reference.
8. Define the Survey audience- who should be asked to complete the survey?
Depending on your subscription plan, you may only be able to select the entire company.
9. Set Survey dates- select start and end dates for survey; we recommend at least two weeks between start and end of survey.
10. Customize Survey e-mails.
Survey kick-off- customize your initial email, Slack, or in-app notification, that will be sent to survey participants upon the start date
- Weekly email notifications- customize this weekly email, Slack, or in-app notification, including when it is sent, and to whom
- Last day email notifications- customize this final reminder email, Slack, or in-app notification, including when it is sent, and to whom
Account admins can edit survey settings up until the survey start date.
11. You're all set... until the submissions start rolling in, that is. 🤓
Success Center article 🗒: Analyze Engagement survey results
End a survey
When a survey ends, submissions are no longer allowed. No draft surveys will be submitted or counted towards the results.
Two options to end a survey:
1️⃣ Surveys will automatically end on the survey end date. No action required.
2️⃣ Surveys can be ended manually using the 'End survey' option. This option exists when clicking on '...' to the right of an in progress survey. If an account admin ends a survey before the end date, the below popup will appear.