SimplyMerit is an industry-leading compensation platform that allows you to get through your compensation cycle quickly and easily while eliminating the hassle of spreadsheets. With the SimplyMerit <> 15Five integration, you can import performance data from 15Five into SimplyMerit, empowering you to make data-driven, fair, and informed compensation decisions.
This article walks through capabilities of this integration. If you're interested in learning more about SimplyMerit's compensation solution, check out this demo video.
- Easy to use: Load, organize, and distribute compensation data to managers — eliminating the use of complicated spreadsheets for good.
- Fully Configurable: Customizable interfaces allow HR leaders to take control of the review cycle and deliver proper insights to stakeholders.
- Deep Insights: Increase visibility by running data through analysis engines that validate compensation decisions and generate executive-level reports in minutes.
There are 4 simple steps to communicate performance driven compensation decisions with this integration:
- Complete review cycle: Use 15Five’s performance framework to fairly and accurately complete reviews and calibrate performance ratings across managers and teams.
- Auto-send data to comp solution: 15Five automatically sends performance data to comp solution, saving HR leaders valuable time and resources during performance cycles.
- Make fair and timely decisions: With performance data automatically available in your comp tool, company leaders can make pay decisions fairly and quickly.
- Share decisions with shareholders: Make pay decisions that reinforce your talent strategy to managers and employees, and give them an simple view of their total compensation.
Enable the integration
Create a public API key (one-time setup)
- Click on the 'Settings' gear menu in the top right-hand corner of your 15Five account.
- Select 'Features' from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on 'Integrations'.
- Click Enable to the right of the Public API option.
- Once enabled, you'll land on the 'Company API keys' page. It looks like this. Click the Create new key button.
- Add in a short name for your API key. This name can be anything; usually, a name that is easily identifiable from your server-side. Then, click Save.
- You will be redirected back to the 'Company API keys' page to verify your API key and access token.
The Public API key is 32 characters long. Not to be confused with the SCIM key, which is 30 characters long.
The endpoint for your API, assuming you do not have a unique subdomain, is my.15five.com.
- Use the access token to link 15Five's API to your server.
The SimplyMerit team has to set up the API in the SimplyMerit environment for each client. For assistance, please reach out to via email at email@example.com or via phone at (847)719-9060 x3 between the hours of 7 AM and 7 PM Central.
Check out these additional resources ⬇️
- SimplyMerit one-pager 📖
- Help Center article 💡: Create a Best-Self Review® cycle
- Blog post 📝: 5 Ways to Empower Managers to Lead Compensation Discussions
- Blog post 📝: Progressive Performance Management: Why Your Employee Compensation Strategy Is Holding You Back
- Webinar 👩🏾💻: Scaling Up Compensation with Verne Harnish (57 min)