Engagement admins have access to the Activity section in 15Five. This section provides an overview of all purchased coaching sessions and subscriptions. From the dashboard, admins can monitor the status of coaching sessions as they progress from assigned to scheduled to completed. Coaching subscriptions can also be redeemed by assigning them to participants.
In this article, you will learn...
- How to add people to Engagement so they can participate in coaching
- How to assign coaching subscriptions to participants
- How to add or remove participants from a recurring coaching series
- What the participant experience looks like for people that are assigned coaching subscriptions
- How to schedule or reschedule a coaching session
- How to track scheduled coaching sessions
- How to review completed coaching sessions
Add coaching participants to Engagement
- Go to your 15Five login page and sign in.
- If you haven't already, add the people you want to receive coaching to 15Five.
- Once you've added the employees you want to participate in coaching, click on Coaching Hub in 15Five's main, left-hand navigation bar.
- In the Coaching Hub, go to Settings > Bulk Employee Import and click the Sync with 15Five button. Follow the steps in our "Sync data from 15Five to Engagement" Help Center article to make sure the data from 15Five is synced to your Coaching Hub.
Assign coaching sessions
Now that the coaching participants are added to the Coaching Hub, you can assign them to the coaching subscriptions they should participate in. Go to Activity > Coaching and select the Subscriptions tab.
Assign a one-time session
- Select the session you want to assign from the Sessions table on the Subscriptions tab and click the Assign button.
- If it is a 1:1 session, select the participant from the dropdown, add some notes to help the coach prepare for the session, and click the Assign button.
- If it is a group session, select the participant that will be scheduling the session in the dropdown for Group Session Scheduler. Next, add the remaining participants by selecting them from the Participants dropdown. You can add participants as long as you do not exceed the maximum participant count for the session. Once all the participants have been added, add some notes to help the coach prepare for the session and click the Assign button.
- Once the session has been assigned, the session will be added to the Sessions tab with an Assigned status. Participant(s) will receive an email notification letting them know they have a session to schedule.
Assign recurring coaching sessions
- Select the recurring session you want to assign from the Series table on the Subscriptions tab and click the Manage button.
- Click the Assign Subscription button to assign and activate the subscription.
- If it is a 1:1 subscription, select the participant from the dropdown, add some notes to help the coach prepare for the upcoming sessions, and click the Assign button.
- If it is a group subscription, select the participant that will be scheduling the session in the dropdown for Group Session Scheduler. Then add the remaining participants by selecting them from the Participants dropdown. You can add participants as long as you do not exceed the maximum participant count for the session. Once all the participants have been added, add some notes to help the coach prepare for the upcoming sessions and click the Assign button.
- Once the subscription has been assigned, the first session will be added to the Sessions tab with an Assigned status. Participant(s) will receive an email notification letting them know they have a session to schedule. Subsequent sessions will be automatically created and assigned to the designated participants based on the cadence of the subscription.
Schedule or reschedule a coaching session
Once you have assigned sessions to participants, the session can be scheduled. The following roles are able to schedule a session:
Organization Admin with Manage Coaching permission
Schedule a session as an Admin
Engagement Admins and Organization Admins with the manage coaching permission are able to schedule sessions from the Manage Sessions list in the Coaching Hub. Sessions with the Invited status will include a link to schedule sessions in the Session Date column.
Clicking on the Schedule button will display a calendar where you can find the times when the session facilitator is available to meet.
Reschedule a session as an Admin
Sessions that have a Scheduled status can be rescheduled. Click the pencil icon next to the session date. This will open the calendar to select a new time to meet with the session facilitator.
Schedule sessions as a Designated Scheduler
When assigning a group session, you can choose one of the participants as the designated scheduler for the sessions.
The designated scheduler will be notified by email that they have a session to schedule. They will be able to schedule sessions from the My Sessions section.
Add or remove participants from a recurring coaching series
- Go to the Series table on the Subscription tab. Click the Manage button next to the type you are wanting to edit.
- Find the active subscription that you are wanting to edit and click the Edit Assignments button.
- You can remove participants by clicking the X next to their name. Participants can be added to the subscription by selecting them from the dropdown. Once the changes have been made, click the Update button. This will update the participants for any new sessions that are automatically assigned. Existing sessions with an Assigned or Scheduled status will not be changed.
Participants that have been assigned a coaching session will receive an email alerting them they have a session to schedule. For group sessions, a scheduler will be designated to coordinate a time that works best for the group.
They will be able to log in to the engagement dashboard and access the Coaching section to see the session(s) they have been assigned. Participants can then schedule a time that works best for them.
We'll send weekly follow-up reminders via email to anyone that did not schedule after the first email notification.
Track scheduled coaching sessions
Once coaching participants have scheduled a session, the dashboard will update with a Scheduled status and the date of the session.
Participants will be able to see the scheduled session on their personal coaching dashboard. They can add the session to their personal calendar and will get an email reminder before their session.
Review completed coaching sessions
Once a session has been completed, the status will update on the coaching dashboard. Account Owners and full access users will also be able to see the Focus Area that was covered in the session. This is a great way to understand themes that are being covered in coaching sessions.
If participant(s) missed their scheduled session, the status will show that they didn't attend the session.
After the session is completed, participant(s) will receive a follow-up email notifying them that their coach has left notes from their session. They can access and review the notes at any time from the coaching section in the engagement dashboard.