This article walks through how to sync employee and group data from 15Five to the Engage Portal. This data will be used to create the participant list for engagement campaigns and the filter segments for results.
In this article, you will learn...
Access and availability
⛔️ Required access to Engage
👥 This article is relevant to all roles.
📦 This feature is available in the Engage, Perform, and Total Platform pricing packages.
What data can be synced from 15Five > Engagement?
The following data will be synced from 15Five into the engagement dashboard:
- Active and inactive employees: First and Last name, Email address
- Group types and groups
- Custom attributes
- Direct manager
- Default attributes: Job Title, Location, and Hire Date (used to create Tenure and Hire Cohort groups)
- Demographic attributes: Gender, Race, Ethnicity, Birthdate (used to create Generation groups)
Sync data from 15Five > Engagement
Ensure group data is accurate in 15Five
Before you sync data from 15Five to Engage, make sure that all employee, attribute, and group data is accurate in 15Five.
Data should also be organized in a way that is actionable— meaning that groups are strategically created based on what insights you want to gather through your engagement survey. Groups should also meet confidentiality standards for Engagement so that results are available following the completion of an engagement campaign.
- Click on the settings gear in the top, right-hand corner of 15Five.
- Select 'People' from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the 'Manage groups' tab using the top navigation.
- Go through the groups contained in each group type to ensure that they have enough group members to meet your organization's set confidentiality standards. Also, consider that some individuals may not submit their surveys, so each group should have more members than the minimum number required to view results.
- If it's not possible to meet confidentiality standards for a group, we suggest grouping similar departments or roles together so that you can view engagement results for them following the completion of a campaign.
- Next, click on the 'Attributes' tab using the top navigation. Attributes can be carried over to the Engagement feature as groups so that you have the ability to report on engagement results for individuals who are assigned those attributes (as long as an attribute's group membership meets your organization's set confidentiality standards).
- Custom attributes: Ensure that you've created any custom attributes you want the ability to report on engagement results for.
- Default attributes: If you want the ability to filter engagement results by default attributes (Job Title, Location, and Hire Date), make sure they're populated for employees. This can be achieved by integrating with an employee management software or performing a bulk import.
- Demographic attributes: If you want the ability to filter engagement results by demographic attributes (Birth date, Ethnicity, Gender, Race, Salary), make sure they're enabled and populated for employees.
Perform a sync in the Engage Portal
- Click on Engagement in 15Five's main, left-hand navigation.
- [HR Admins only] You'll land on the Engagement Overview page in 15Five. From here, click Go to Engage to open the Engage Portal.
- Click on the Settings gear in the top, right-hand corner of the Engage Portal and select 'Settings' from the dropdown menu.
- You're now in the 'Employees' tab of Settings. From here, scroll to the "Bulk Employee Import" section of the page and click the arrow to its right to expand options.
- Click the button to Sync With 15Five.
- Click Submit on the confirmation message to "Assume deactivation of missing employees". Enabling this option will update employee statuses in Engage to align with 15Five. Active and inactive employees will be added or updated, and deactivated employees will be removed.
- Once the process is complete, the system will confirm the number of new employees added to Engage, changes to existing employees in Engage, and any deactivated employees. Click Review & Confirm.
- You will be presented with three different screens to review.
- The first shows all new employees that will be created. You can specify if the new employees should receive surveys. If this is set to yes and there is an active Engagement campaign, they will be added as participants in the campaign. Click Next.
- The second shows the changes to existing employees. Click Next.
- The last screen allows you to review employees who will be deactivated. These changes will not be processed until you click Confirm on the review screen.
- The system will once again display any records that will be updated due to the sync. Click Submit.
- Click Review & Confirm under "Group Updates."
- The final and most critical step is to review the group movements between the current employee list and the new updates. Click Complete.
- This view shows a selection at the top to pick the group type you are reviewing and then the first column shows the number of employees in each group and the change in count in the group. On the right-hand side, you can see employees who were added or removed from the group.
- If you need to make a change to a group name so that the new group lines up with the existing group you can update it by finding the appropriate group that it should be matched to using the drop-down.
- Allow the system to finish processing the sync and confirm that the sync was successful by checking the Last Sync timestamp.