Kiosk in engagement surveys allows employees to use a computer or tablet to fill out their engagement survey, rather than have the survey sent to them via email or phone. When utilizing Kiosk, employees simply search for their unique engagement link using their name or an employee ID provided by leaders.
Kiosk mode is a limited feature that must be discussed with your Customer Success Manager and enabled by support. It is not available to all customers.
In this article, you will learn...
- How to set up Kiosk
- How to access a Kiosk link
- Search rules for Kiosk
- Associated risks with utilizing Kiosk
Access and availability
⛔️ Required access to Engagement feature settings.
👥 This article is relevant to Engagement Admins and Organization Admins.
📦 This feature is available in the Engage, Legacy Perform, and Total Platform pricing packages.
Set up Kiosk
If Kiosk has been enabled for your org, you can access Kiosk settings by following the steps below.
- Click on Engagement in 15Five's main, left-hand navigation.
- [HR admins only] You'll land on the Engagement Overview page in 15Five. From here, click Go to Engage to open the Engage Portal.
- Click on the Settings gear in the top, right-hand corner of the Engage Portal and select 'Settings' from the dropdown menu.
- You're now on your company's Engagement feature settings page. From here, click on the "Organization settings" tab.
- Click the arrow to the right of "Kiosk Settings."
- Here, you have the option to manage the following settings:
Obfuscate employee names
If this setting is on, when an employee searches, the results will not display the full name of the employee but, instead, will show J*** D (for John Doe).
Obfuscation off:Kiosk Group
If this setting is selected, Kiosk will only show for employees who are in a group within the group type that is selected. In addition, specific links will be provided for each of the groups within the group type. This is helpful if you want to limit the number of employees showing up in each kiosk to a location or plant.
Access a Kiosk link
Engagement Admins can access Kiosk links by following the steps below.
- Click on Campaigns in the main, left-hand navigation of the Engage Portal.
- You're now on the Campaigns List. From here, open the engagement survey you want to access links for.
- Click the three dots (...) to the right of the Campaign Details section.
- Click on "Kiosk Links" to view a list of links that can be loaded on the devices where the Kiosk experience will be used. If the setting for groups is on, there will be many links representing each group in the selected group type.
Search rules for Kiosk
Employees can search by name or Organization Employee ID if that setting is turned on.
If using Organization Employee ID, the IDs must be an exact string match on the characters entered to return a value. For example, if the employee's ID is "123456", searching for "654321" will NOT return a result. However, "1234" will return a result.
Associated risks with utilizing Kiosk
This functionality is limited because it does technically expose which employees have or have not taken the assessment implicitly (once an assessment link has been completed, it is removed from the Kiosk). Kiosk also opens the door to an employee taking another employee's assessment, which could lead to results being applied to the wrong employee and, therefore, group results being wrong. To avoid this, we encourage moderation or proctoring of the kiosk experience by an HR person.