Unbiased and honest survey participation is critical to accurate engagement insights. For this reason, 15Five intentionally designs our system to provide this trust and security to employees so that we can deliver accurate insights to leaders. To ensure this, 15Five rigidly enforces our confidentiality policy in a few different ways.
"Rule of 5"
With groups smaller than five, it becomes easier to identify where each person falls on the engagement spectrum. 15Five will never show employee data when there are less than five employees in a group or less than five responses from a specific group.
- No individual responses are identified. While the engagement system does know who you are, rest assured no one at your organization has access to raw or individual responses. Results are only ever presented to your leadership in aggregate by group with no fewer than five employees in any group.
- No contact information is shared. 15Five does not sell personal contact information or use it for any other purpose, and it is protected with industry-standard encryption.
How does this work?
- Insights Engagement Survey and Other Topic-Based Assessments: Results are only available if at least five employees respond within a given grouping. This means that groups with less than five employees will never have results available. If a group has more than five employees, but fewer than five responded, those results will be hidden. These employees' responses, however, will still be included as part of the overall organization Engagement Score.
- Dynamic Feedback: All Dynamic Feedback comments are presented anonymously and can only be filtered by a single group type (i.e. Department). In order for Dynamic Feedback comments to be available for a group, at least five employees from that group must have responded to the quarterly assessment. If the group meets the rule of five criteria for the quarterly assessment, leaders with permission to that group can read any responses that are received even if we receive fewer than five comments.
- Participation is confidential: 15Five does not share which employees did or did not participate in the survey. We do provide reporting about group response rates throughout the assessment.