15Five's Performance Ratings+ tool allows you to automate performance scores for participants in a review cycle. These scores are based on a mix of self and manager review answers, using a custom formula. Once your organization completes a review cycle that contains performance ratings, account admins can add ratings to employee account settings pages for easy visibility or to allow ratings to be pulled into other softwares via 15Five's API.
In this article, you will learn...
- How to create a performance rating attribute
- How to export performance ratings
- How to populate performance ratings for employees
Access and availability
⛔️ Required access to Best-Self Review® and Manage people.
👥 This article is relevant to Account admins who are also Review admins.
📦 This feature is available in the Perform and Total Platform pricing packages.
Step 1: Create a performance rating attribute
The first step to adding performance ratings to employee account settings is to create a custom attribute for performance ratings.
- Click on the 'Settings' gear in the top, right-hand corner of 15Five.
- Select 'People' from the dropdown menu.
- You'll land on the 'Manage people' page. From here, click on the 'Attributes' tab at the top of the page.
- You are now on the 'Manage attributes' page, which lists all default and custom attributes for your organization. Click on the Create a new attribute button.
- Fill out the information for the performance ratings attribute. When you're done, click Create attribute.
Attribute permissions dictate who can see the attribute on an employee's account settings pages. Consider who should have visibility into a person's performance rating when selecting permissions.
- Your attribute will now appear on the 'Manage attributes' page and on individual account settings pages under 'Additional information.'
Step 2: Export performance ratings
The second step to adding performance ratings to employee account settings is to export employees' performance ratings from your organization's most recent Best-Self Review® cycle.
- Click on Best-Self Review® in 15Five's main, left-hand navigation.
- Open the review cycle that included Performance Ratings+.
- In the top menu row, click on 'Company's results'.
- You'll land on the 'Summary' tab of review results. From here, scroll down to the 'Performance Ratings+' section. Click ... to the right of the performance ratings graph and select 'View score distribution' to open the Performance Ratings+ details page.
- Download a CSV of individual performance ratings using the Download button in the 'Individuals' table.
- Open the CSV file and delete all unnecessary columns. Depending on whether you want the attribute to contain the rating (At Level, Below Level, etc.) or the overall numerical score, you will want to keep the 'Participant' column and the 'Rating' and/or 'Overall Score' columns. Save the CSV for easy access, as you will need it in the next section of this article.
Step 3: Populate the performance rating attribute
Once you've completed the first two steps, it's time to populate the performance rating attribute for employees. You can do this in bulk via a bulk import CSV (preferred if you're making a large number of changes) or on a person-by-person basis.
- Click the 'Settings' gear in the top right-hand corner of 15Five.
- Select 'People' from the dropdown menu to open the 'Manage people' page.
- Click to open the 'Import' tab in the top navigation bar.
- You are now on the bulk import page. Download your company's current employment structure by clicking the Download current structure button at the top of the page.
We suggest downloading one copy of your current structure to keep in a safe place for re-upload in case any unintended changes are made when you upload your CSV, and downloading a second copy to make edits to. You can then upload the edited CSV.
- Open the CSV you just downloaded and delete all columns except 'email,' 'first_name,' 'last_name,' and your custom performance rating attribute. Then, filter the 'first_name' column ascending so it's in the same order as the performance ratings CSV you downloaded in the last section of this article.
- Enter the employee performance ratings from the the CSV you downloaded in the last section of this article to your bulk import CSV. When you're done, save the CSV in UTF-8 CSV format.
- Then, click Choose file at the bottom of the screen and find the CSV from your computer that you would like to import.
- Once you have selected the file that you want to import, a 'Preview import' screen will appear. Review the changes to be made. If the changes aren't what you want, click the Start over button in the bottom, left-hand corner of the page to stop the import and be redirected back to the bulk import page.
- Click Finish import.
- Depending on the size of your CSV, it may take up to 15 minutes for the import to complete. Once the import is complete, updates will be reflected in 15Five.
- Click on the Settings gear in the top, right-hand corner of 15Five.
- Select 'People' from the dropdown menu.
- You'll land on the 'Manage people' page. From here, use the filters or search bar at the top of the page to search for the person whose settings you want to edit.
- Click a person's name to open their account settings page.
- Scroll down to the "Additional information" section of the person's profile and enter their performance rating from the the CSV you downloaded in the last section of this article in the custom attribute field.
- When you're done, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save. Changes will immediately be reflected in 15Five.