Removing a peer nomination frees up space to nominate someone else in their place. If you change your mind about a nomination, a person declines to review you, or your manager denies one of your peer nominations, you can remove it by following the steps below.
In this article, you will learn...
Access and availability
⛔️ Required access to Best-Self Review®.
👥 This article is relevant to review cycle participants.
📦 This feature is available in the Perform and Total Platform pricing packages.
Remove a peer nomination
- Click on Best-Self Review® in the left-hand navigation bar.
- Open the review cycle you want to nominate peer reviewers for.
- Click on the 'Peer nominations' tab at the top of your page.
- If you're not a manager in the review cycle, continue directly to step #5. If you are a manager, you will land on the 'My team' page, on which you can nominate people to review your direct reports. To manage your own peers, click on the 'My nominations' tab.
- You will see a list of all nominated peers. To remove a nomination, click the Remove button to its right.
You will only see the option to remove peer nominations that are pending manager approval or that were declined (either by your manager or the peer). For steps on how to remove a peer nomination that's already been approved by your manager, please refer to the FAQs below.
- Once you remove a nomination, you can nominate a new peer in their place.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Peers can be nominated up until the review cycle's end date or until your review results have been finalized— whichever comes first.
If the nomination has been approved by your manager and is pending a response from the peer, you can either 1) reach out to the peer directly and ask them to respond to the nomination or 2) ask your manager to remove the peer nomination.
If you want to remove a peer nomination that has already been approved by your manager and accepted by the peer, you can ask your manager to remove the peer nomination.