15Five’s 1-on-1 meeting agenda allows you to enhance and streamline your one on one meetings, while recording the most important learnings all in one place. This vital element of a work week helps you build relationships and re-align team + individual goals. 1-on-1 agendas are not updated in real time for both reviewer and reporter, but are updated and changes become visible on an hourly basis.
Create a 1-on-1
1. Select the '1-on-1s' tab in your top navigation bar.
2. You will automatically see a list of all people that report to you (if applicable), and a list of all people that you have held a 1-on-1 with previously.
3. Click the orange 'Create a new 1-on-1' button.
4. A 'Create a new 1-on-1 agenda' pop-up window will appear. The window will include a drop down menu.
5. Use the dropdown menu to find the teammate or direct report that you want to create a new 1-on-1 with, and click on their name.
6. Then click 'Create a new 1-on-1'.
7. You will be automatically redirected to the new 1-on-1 agenda with the person you selected.
8. Next steps: Fill out the agenda with talking points and action items, add in a date for the 1-on-1, hold the meeting, and end the meeting.
Add answers from a 15Five to your 1-on-1 agenda
Go to your 'Team 15Fives' tab. You will see a list of team members you review, and can go through their reports. While you review 15Fives, you can add answers to the team member's 1-on-1 agenda. Rename the answer with a short title that will appear on the 1-on-1 agenda itself. These added answers will appear as talking points on the current 1-on-1 agenda.
For a walkthrough on how to add answers to the 1-on-1 agenda, see this article.
Talking points, action items & notesTalking points, action items, and notes can be added directly to the 1-on-1 agenda at any time before the 1-on-1 has been ended.
Unchecked talking points will carry over to your next 1-on-1 agenda without any intervention! These unchecked items will appear in the 'Talking points' section again.
Checked off/discussed talking points will still disappear from the following 1-on-1 agenda, as they have been talked about and checked off the list.
Action items that are left unchecked, will appear on the next 1-on-1 under the 'Previous action items' section. Action items (previous and current) that are checked off will not appear on the next 1-on-1.
Action items can now be assigned to either person in the meeting. Click the avatar next to the action item you want to assign, and select the owner. These action items will appear in the summary email as being assigned to a specific person.
End MeetingClick 'End 1-on-1' for a new agenda to show for a team member. After your 1-on-1 meeting is complete, a summary email is sent to your team member with any shared notes and action items. The 1-on-1 summary email will be sent 1 hour after the meeting is ended.
Why are you doing this again? Check out the science and value behind checking in and holding 1-on-1s with your employee on our science page!