This article walks through how to add a new talking point to your 1-on-1 agenda. You can either add custom talking points, talking point from our bank of science-inspired questions, or talking points from Slack.
In this article, you will learn...
- How to add a custom talking point
- How to bulk add talking points
- How to add a talking point from 15Five's talking point bank
- How to add a talking point from Slack
Add a custom talking point
Open the 1-on-1 you want to add talking points to
- Click on 1-on-1s in 15Five's main, left-hand navigation.
- You're now on the 'My 1-on-1s' list. From here, click on the name of the person you want to add talking points with.
- If you don't have a current 1-on-1 agenda with the person, scroll to the "Make your own" section and click Start crafting my 1-on-1.
- If you have a current 1-on-1 agenda with the person, it will open and you can continue to the next section.
Add a talking point
- In the "Talking points" section of the 1-on-1 agenda, click Add another talking point. You can also add a private talking point by clicking Add a private talking point. Private talking points will not be visible to the other 1-on-1 participant, and will only appear on your 1-on-1 agenda.
- Type out the point you'd like to discuss during your 1-on-1, then either click out of the box or click the 'Enter' key to save your talking point.
- You can add a comment on a talking point by hovering over any given talking point and clicking the comment box.
Bulk add talking points to multiple 1-on-1 agendas
- Click on 1-on-1s 15Five's main, left-hand navigation.
- Click the orange Add talking points button at the top right-hand side of the 'My 1-on-1s' page.
- Add as many talking points as you'd like using the 'Add talking points to your current 1-on-1' fields.
- Select whose 1-on-1 you'd like to add the talking points to. Anyone that appears in your 'My 1-on-1s' list will appear in the drop-down menu. If you're a manager, you will see a 'All my direct reports' option as well. If you do not have a current 1-on-1 with any person you select, a new 1-on-1 agenda will be created with that individual.
- Click Add talking points.
- Boom! Your current 1-on-1 with the person(s) will now show the talking points you added.
Add a talking point from the talking point bank
Do you ever feel stuck in your 1-on-1, and wish you could browse some science-inspired questions to have more transformational conversations? Well, you're in luck! You can now browse all of 15Five's science-inspired questions in our talking point bank and add them directly to your 1-on-1 agenda.
- Open the 1-on-1 you want to add talking points to.
- On the right-hand side of your screen, you'll see a box that says "1-on-1 Tips". Click the Browse talking points button in that box to open the question bank.
- Click the "+" next to a question to add it to your 1-on-1 agenda.
Types of talking points in the bank
You'll find various question themes in the talking points bank. Themes include:
- Best-Self Management
- Better One On One's
- Career Trajectory
- Core Values
- Culture Building
- Employee Feedback
- Goals + OKRs
- High Performance
- Manager Feedback
- Learning and Development
- Questions for Managers
- Recognition and Appreciation
- Remote Teams
- Road Blocks/Obstacles
- Strategic Alignment
- Virtual Teams
So, what are you waiting for? Let's have some productive, science-inspired 1-on-1s!
Add a talking point from Slack
If your company is integrated with Slack, you can add items from Slack directly to any 1-on-1 agenda.
- Hover over the item in Slack that you want to add to your 1-on-1 as a talking point and open the 'More actions' menu.
- Select 'Add to 1-on-1' from the dropdown menu.
- A popup will appear asking you to select whose 1-on-1(s) you want to add the talking point to. Only people that appear on your 'My 1-on-1' list will appear as options for you to add the talking point for. You can also rename the talking point in the 'Add this to your 1-on-1 agenda' field.
- Click Add to 1-on-1. The item will immediately appear on your 1-on-1 agenda in 15Five.