Doing a review or 1-on-1 and forgetting the accomplishments you achieved? Or reviewing a Check-in of a direct report and want to remember a spectacular or challenging moment? This article shows you how to highlight your own or your direct report's wins & challenges using 15Five. Adding items to wins & challenges allows you to keep a list of your biggest wins and toughest challenges in a private section of your profile—making reflection easier down the road.
Add my own wins & challenges
1. While viewing a Check-in, click on the ... to the right of the answer, comment, etc you want to add as a win or a challenge.
2. Click Add to wins & challenges.
3. Your answer will then look like this:
4. Now head on over to view the 'Wins & challenges' section in Career Growth. You will only see the wins and/or challenges that you have added- not what your manager has added.
5. The item will be unsorted to begin with, but you can drag and drop the item into the correct category: Wins or challenges.
6. Last but not least, click Add a new note to provide context as to why you added the item to Wins & challenges so that you have something to refer back to come Best-Self Review® or 1-on-1 time.
Add wins & challenges for my direct report(s)
1. While reviewing a Check-in, click on the ... to the right of the answer you want to add as a win or challenge.
2. Click on Add to wins & challenges.
3. The answer will then look like this:
4. To view the Wins & challenges section for your direct report, go to the Career Growth company directory.
5. Search for the name of the direct report whose Wins & challenges you would like to see. Remember, you can only see the wins or challenges that you, yourself have added.
6. Click on the person's name to view their Career Growth information.
7. Click on the Wins & challenges tab.
8. You will see the new item you added to Wins & challenges under the 'Unsorted' header.
9. Use the six dots to the left of the item to drag it into the correct section- either Wins or Challenges.
10. The item will now live in the section of your choosing. Click Add a new note to provide context as to why you added the item to Wins & challenges so that you have something to refer back to come Best-Self Review® or 1-on-1 time.
Video 🎥: Review a Check-in
Reviewer can see the 'Wins & Challenges' tab for their direct reports and can populate their own set of wins & challenges for that person. The wins & challenges added by the reviewer are only visible to the reviewer. Likewise, the reviewer cannot see any wins & challenges added by the direct report.