As an upward reviewer, you will be asked questions about your manager’s development. The goal of an upward review is to help your manager grow and develop into a better coach and leader with a highly engaged and high performing team.
Upward review (review your manager)
In order to have a review cycle that is 360 degrees, you also need to review your manager's performance. This is your time to offer constructive feedback; the goal is to help your manager grow in their leadership position. The questions selected by your review admins should help guide your thought process during the upward review.
- You will only be asked to complete an upward review of your manager if your manager is also a participant in the cycle.
- After you have submitted your self review, you will see the option to complete an upward review.
- Complete your upward review by the 'Upward review deadline' and remember to submit. See the 'Overview' tab for the upward review deadline.
- When you submit your upward review, your manager's manager will receive a notification. Your manager will not be notified of the submission and will not be able to see your review at this time.
- Your manager's manager will review the upward review you completed.
- Depending on the review cycle's settings, your manager's manager may or may not be able to see the upward review author (you).
- Your upward review will not be shared with your manager until their manager shares the results. This usually is the very last step in the review cycle.
- Depending on the review cycle's settings, your manager may or may not be able to see the upward review author (you).
Complete your upward review
1. Click on 'Features' from the left navigation.
2. Click on 'Best-Self Review'.
3. Click on the active cycle that applies.
4. From the 'Overview' tab, you will see a button labeled 'Write upward review'. Click that button to complete your upward review.
5. You can get back to the upward review screen anytime during the cycle by clicking the 'Write reviews' tab.
6. From within the upward review, you will be able to see if the review is anonymous or transparent; meaning can your manager see who wrote what or is it anonymous?