Upward review (review your manager)
In order to have a review cycle that is 360 degrees, you also need to review your manager's performance. This is your time to offer constructive feedback; the goal is to help your manager grow in their leadership position. The questions selected by your review admins should help guide your thought process during the upward review.
- After you have submitted your self review, you will see the option to complete an upward review.
- Complete your upward review by the 'Upward review deadline' and don't forget to submit. See the 'Overview' tab for the upward review deadline.
- When you submit your upward review, your manager's manager will receive a notification. Your manager will not be notified of the submission and will not be able to see your review at this time.
- Your manager's manager will review the upward review you completed.
- Depending on the review cycle's settings, your manager's manager may or may not be able to see the upward review author (you).
- Your upward review will not be shared with your manager until their manager shares the results. This usually is the very last step in the review cycle.
- Depending on the review cycle's settings, your manager may or may not be able to see the upward review author (you).
To complete your upward review:
- You will go into your 'Reviews' tab in 15Five.
- Click on the active cycle that applies.
- From the 'Overview' tab, you will see a button labeled 'Write upward review'.
- Click that button to complete your upward review.
- You can get back to the upward review screen anytime during the cycle by clicking the 'Overview' tab, scrolling down to 'Review progress', clicking the '...', and then clicking 'View'.