Upward review (review your manager)
In order to have a review cycle that is 360 degrees, you also need to review your manager's performance. This is your time to offer constructive feedback; the goal is to help your manager grow in their leadership position. The questions selected by your review admins should help guide your thought process during the upward review.
- After you have submitted your self review, you will see the option to complete an upward review.
- Complete your upward review by the 'Upward review deadline' and don't forget to submit. See the 'Overview' tab for the upward review deadline.
- When you submit your upward review, your manager's manager will receive a notification. Your manager will not be notified of the submission and will not be able to see your review at this time.
- Your manager's manager will review the upward review you completed.
- Depending on the review cycle's settings, your manager's manager may or may not be able to see the upward review author (you).
- Your upward review will not be shared with your manager until their manager shares the results. This usually is the very last step in the review cycle.
- Depending on the review cycle's settings, your manager may or may not be able to see the upward review author (you).
To complete your upward review:
1. You will go into your 'Reviews' tab in 15Five.
2. Click on the active cycle that applies.
3. From the 'Overview' tab, you will see a button labeled 'Write upward review'. Click that button to complete your upward review.
4. You can get back to the upward review screen anytime during the cycle by clicking the 'Overview' tab, scrolling down to 'Review progress', clicking the '...', and then clicking 'View'.