Manager review(s) (you review your employees)
A manager review is completed for each of your employees/direct reports. You will be asked the same questions that your employee was asked on their self review. Asking both employee and manager the same questions reduces bias and creates a fair performance review environment.
- After your employee has submitted their self review or after the self review window has passed, you will be able to submit your manager review of them.
- You can draft up your manager review before you are able to submit it. However, you cannot submit your manager review before your employee submits their self review.
- Your manager review will not be visible to your employee/direct report until you 'Share results' at the end of the cycle.
- Following the manager review, you will begin scheduling final meetings. These meetings are where you will complete the Summary portion of the review cycle.
To complete manager reviews for your team:
1. Go into your 'Reviews' tab in 15Five.
2. Click on the active cycle that applies.
3. From the 'Overview' tab, you will see 3 buttons labeled 'My reviews', 'My team', and 'Whole company'. If you do not have visibility through drill-down, you will not see 'Whole company'.
4. Click the 'My team' button.
5. Scroll down to 'Review progress' for your team, click the '...' next to the employee whose manager review you want to complete, and then click 'View'.
6. There will be a 'Manager' tab after the 'Peer' tab.
Also included in manager reviews is the 'Private manager assessment'. This section of the manager review is denoted by a pink background. The 'Private manager assessment' piece of Manager reviews is only visible to the manager who completed the review and the review admins. Additionally, the 'Private manager assessment' includes future focused questions inspired by research from Deloitte and highlighted in the April 2015 HBR article, Reinventing Performance Management, by Marcus Buckingham and Ashley Goodall. Questions 1 - 3 are taken directly from Deloitte, question 4 has been adjusted and Question 5 is 15Five's addition.
Questions for the 'Private manager assessment' are managed by your review admins from within the review question templates.