There are cases when you, as a manager, will want to remove comments from a review written about one of your direct reports- whether the feedback be inappropriate, irrelevant, or not constructive. 15Five gives managers and review admin this ability.
Depending on the review settings that were set by review admin before the cycle began, you will be able to either 1) remove an answer from the review on your own, 2) send the answer back to the person who wrote it for editing, or 3) send the answer to a review admin to have it removed. The option to remove feedback from a peer review is especially important if the review is peer initiated.
To remove an answer from a peer or upward review of your direct report
1. Click on the 'Reviews' tab in 15Five.
2. Click on the active cycle that applies.
3. From the "Overview" tab, you will see 3 buttons labeled 'My reviews', 'My team', and 'Whole company'. If you do not have visibility through drill-down, you will not see 'Whole company'.
4. Click the 'My team' button.
5. Scroll down to 'Review progress' for your team, click the '...' next to the employee whose peer or upward review you want to view, and then click 'View'.
6. Click on the Upward or Peer review tab, whichever applies.
7. Next to the answer that you would like to remove, click the '...' icon and choose whether you would 1- like to have an admin remove the answer, or 2- like to send the review back to the author for editing.
If you choose option 1, your review admin(s) will be notified of the flagged answer and can remove it.
If review settings allow, you will see a 'remove from shared results' option. Clicking this option will remove the answer without intervention from a review admin.
If you do not see these options, contact an admin to check the Review settings.
For example: Bob's answer on his peer review of Kathy was reported by Kathy's manager. The review admins choose to remove Bob's answer. The review admins can still see Bob's original answer on his peer review of Kathy, but the answer is only visible to the review admins. Bob's answer will not appear at all, for anyone, on the Summary page.