There are cases when you, as a manager, will want to remove comments from a review written about one of your direct reports- whether the feedback be inappropriate, irrelevant, or not constructive. 15Five gives managers and review admin this ability.
Depending on the review settings that were set by review admin before the cycle began, you will be able to either 1) remove an answer from the review on your own, 2) send the answer back to the person who wrote it for editing, or 3) send the answer to a review admin to have it removed. The option to remove feedback from a peer review is especially important if the review is peer initiated.
You yourself are not able to edit peer or upward reviews you did not write. If you click the Allow editing button while reviewing a peer or upward review, that review will be sent back to the person who wrote it for editing.
If you remove an answer from employee view, the author will, by default, be notified via email that their feedback was removed. If you'd prefer for that email not to be sent out, any company admin can turn it off in your company's notification settings. Simply scroll down to the Best-Self Review® notifications section and uncheck "Updates to review answers" under Activity updates.
Remove an answer from a peer or upward review written about your direct report
Are you a review admin that would like to remove feedback? See this article.
1. Click on 'Features' from the left navigation.
2. Click on 'Best-Self Review'.
3. Click on the active cycle that applies.
4. From the "Overview" tab, you will see a filter with options 'Me', 'My team', and 'Everyone'. If you do not have visibility through drill-down, you will not see 'Everyone'.
5. If you do not want to filter by your team or a specific person, you can scroll down to the Cycle Participants section of the page and continue to step 6.
6. Scroll down to the Cycle Participants section of the page and click the '...' next to the employee whose peer or upward review you want to view, and then click 'View'.
7. Click on the Upward or Peer review tab, whichever applies.
8. Next to the answer that you would like to remove, click the '...' icon and choose whether you would 1- like to have an admin remove the answer, or 2- like to send the review back to the author for editing.
If you choose option 1, your review admin(s) will be notified of the flagged answer and can remove it.
If review settings allow, you will see a 'remove from shared results' option. Clicking this option will remove the answer without intervention from a review admin.
If you do not see these options, contact one of your company admins to check the Review settings.
After reporting an answer to review admins, the review admins will receive an email and can choose to remove the answer from the review. If removed, the answer will still be visible to review admins only on the review itself.
For example: Bob's answer on his peer review of Kathy was reported by Kathy's manager. The review admins choose to remove Bob's answer. The review admins can still see Bob's original answer on his peer review of Kathy, but the answer is only visible to the review admins. Bob's answer will not appear at all, for anyone, on the Summary page.