15Five allows you to integrate with Google Calendar and schedule 1-on-1s directly from the app. Before you can start scheduling, the Google Calendar integration needs to be activated. This article walks through how to enable the Google Calendar integration and how to connect your calendar to 15Five.
You must be an account admin to enable the Google Calendar integration.
It is not possible to set up recurring 1-on-1s in 15Five if you use the Google Calendar integration. If your end goal is to create recurring 1-on-1s, try creating a recurring event in Google Cal event and adding a static 1-on-1 link to your calendar invite, rather than integrating with Google Calendar through 15Five.
Enable Google Calendar
- Click on the 'Settings' gear in the top right-hand corner of 15Five.
- Select 'Features' from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Integrations'.
- Click on 'Enable' to the right of the Google Calendar option.
- Click the 'Enable Google Calendar' button.
- Enabling Google Calendar here will enable it for everyone in your company. Once the integration is enabled, each individual in your company will be responsible for connecting their Google Calendar. Continue to the next section of this article for instructions on how to do so.
Connect your Google Calendar to 15Five
Once the Google Cal integration has been enabled in your company's account, you must give 15Five permission to communicate with your Google Calendar. This section walks through how to do so.
- Click on 1-on-1s in the left-hand navigation of 15Five.
- Open an unscheduled 1-on-1, or create a new 1-on-1.
- Click Schedule 1-on-1 on the left-hand side of your screen to open 1-on-1 settings.
- Click Connect your calendar at the bottom of the 1-on-1 settings box.
- Select the Google account associated with the calendar you want to sync 1-on-1s with. You will then be led to a Google page on which you will be asked to give 15Five permission to view and edit events on your calendars. Click Allow.
If you don't want a 1-on-1 to appear on your Google Calendar but you have the integration set up, simply don't select a time when scheduling your 1-on-1. Without a time, 15Five will not instigate a sync and the 1-on-1 won’t show up on your Google Calendar.
Check out these additional resources ⬇️
- Help Center article 💡: Create, schedule, and end a 1-on-1