If you need to change a participant's direct report(s)/upward reviewer(s) during an active cycle, you can do that from within the specific cycle. For example, you might need an additional person to complete an upward review of the manager for this cycle only. Or maybe someone recently switched managers and you need them to submit an upward review of their new manager. We have a way to do that up until the cycle end date! Check out this article to see what the change means for all people involved.
Change a participant's manager for upward review:
1. Click on the 'Reviews' tab from your 15Five account.
2. Click on the name of the review cycle you wish to view. (You can also click on the three dots to the right of the cycle name, and then 'View review cycle'.)
3. From the 'Overview' tab, choose to view 'Participants'. Then you can select an additional filter: 'Me', 'My team', 'My hierarchy', and 'Whole company'. Depending on your role, you may be missing some of these filters.
4. Choose your desired filter(s) or search and check the results.
5. After scrolling down to the 'Participants' section, click the '...' next to the employee whose reviewer needs to be updated, and then click 'Edit individual settings'.
6. Find the option under 'Who is writing reviews of ________?' that says 'Upward reviews'. Simply put, who is writing an upward review of _______? This is where you will update the people responsible for completing an upward review(s) of the participant in question.
7. Click 'Edit' to the right.
8. Use the drop down menu to select new direct report(s) who should be responsible for writing the upward review. Direct reports cannot be a peer, the person’s manager, or people who are excluded from global review settings.
9. After selecting the new direct report(s)/upward reviewer(s) for this cycle, click 'Save'.
10. All set! The new direct report will be asked to complete an upward review of the participant. All other direct reports in 15Five or in other cycles will remain untouched.