The 'Question preview' page allows you to see a list of all questions that appear or will appear on a person's Check-in for a specific Check-in period. With Question preview, you can make sure the right people are seeing the right questions, as well as manage Check-in questions for an individual, all in one place.
In this article, you will learn...
We recommend only including up to five questions on an individual Check-in to ensure that Check-ins don't get too long. 15Five's name is derived from the idea that Check-ins should take around 15 minutes for employees to fill out, and managers should take around five minutes to review an employee's Check-in.
Question preview only shows Check-in questions and doesn't include the Pulse, Objectives, Priorities, or High Fives Check-in sections.
View and manage Check-in questions for a person
Question preview is visible to account administrators and direct managers. Account administrators can check anyone's questions and direct managers can check the questions of the people in their hierarchy. Just because account administrators can see what questions are being asked does not mean they can see how people answered the questions. Read more about Check-in visibility in our "Who can see my Check-ins, and why?" Help Center article.
- Click on the "Settings" menu in the top right corner of 15Five.
- Select 'Check-in questions' from the dropdown menu.
- In the top navigation bar, click to open the 'Question Preview' tab.
- Use the name drop-down menu to find the person whose questions you want to preview.
- Use the date filter to select the Check-in period that you want to look at questions for. It's only possible to access question preview for current and future Check-ins.
- Click the Current Check-in button, located at the far right of the filter bar, at any time to be taken to the person's current Check-in.
- You are now viewing the Check-in questions for the person and Check-in period you selected. Click Show question details to see more details about each question, including question audience, type, frequency, and required/optional status.
- If you'd like to edit, deactivate, or delete a question, you can do so from the 'Question preview' page by clicking the ... to the right of a question.
- Selecting Edit question will open question settings so you can make desired edits.
- Selecting Deactivate question will remove it from the Check-in.
- Selecting Delete question will permanently remove the question from Check-ins and 15Five. This action cannot be reversed. We suggest only deleting questions that no one has answered, as deleted questions will no longer appear on the "Manage people" page and can no longer be reported on in Check-in Reporting.
Submitted Check-ins that contain a question that you edit, deactivate, or delete will not be impacted. If you edit a question after someone has submitted their Check-in, the question will not be updated for them.