There are times when a participant in a review cycle needs to have more than one manager viewing and interacting with their reviews. There is a main manager, current manager in 15Five if you will, that is automatically added when the cycle is created. That being said, there may also be another manager who needs access to view the participant's review results other than that main manager. Additional managers have view only access to all review results including private manager assessment and summary notes. There are no restrictions on who can be an additional manager.
Common additional manager use cases: recent change in manager while a cycle is running or shortly after a cycle has ended, the participant has a dotted line manager, or someone in a non review admin role needs visibility into someone's reviews.
Account admins can add an additional manager for all past, current, and future cycles from the participant's account settings. Review admins can also give cycle specific visibility to an additional manager via the 'Edit individual settings' page. This article will walk you through both options.
Add an additional manager from account settings
This option gives the additional manager visibility into all past, current, and future review cycles.
Only account admins have the ability to add an additional manager via a participant's account settings.
1. Click on Settings from the left navigation.
2. Click on 'People' to expand the people settings.
3. Last, click on 'Manage people'.
4. Once on the Manage people page, find the person whose settings need to be updated and click on their name.
5. Find the option titled Who can see your Best-Self Review results? and click Change.
6. Find the additional manager using the drop-down menu. You can add one additional manager here.
7. Remember to click Save.
8. From all cycle overview pages, you will see an icon next to any participant who has an additional manager. The icon is shown next to the main manager's name.
Add an additional manager from Edit individual settings
This option gives the additional manager visibility into the specific cycle only.
Only review admins have the ability to update a participant's individual review settings.
1. Click on Features from the left navigation.
2. Click on 'Best-Self Review'.
3. Find the cycle that needs updating, click the name of the cycle or the '...' to the right and then 'View review cycle'.
4. Use the 'Participants' filter and any other filter needed or the search bar to find the person whose review settings need to be updated. Remember, you are searching for participants here and not for review writers. Only the people who are participating in the cycle will have the edit individual settings page.
5. Use the '...' option to the right of the participant who needs to be updated and click 'Edit individual settings'.
6. After clicking "Edit individual settings" find the section titled "Who’s writing reviews of [Individual]?"
7. There is an field called Additional manager where you can add anyone as an additional manager using the Edit option. You can add multiple additional managers here.
8. Click Save to allow visibility.
9. From the cycle overview page, you will now see an icon next to any participant who has an additional manager. The icon is shown next to the main manager's name.