Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k), expert HR and team management tools.
The Gusto <> 15Five integration includes individual + role provisioning—provisioning of accounts for new hires and removal of accounts for terminated individuals, and matching of employee accounts in 15Five and Gusto. Existing individuals in 15Five can be mapped to accounts in Gusto. However, not all individuals in 15Five have to be mapped to employee accounts in Gusto. Additionally, performance data can be synced from 15Five to Gusto!
Video 🎥: Gusto <> 15Five integration overview
Fields that can be synced from Gusto to 15Five:
- Employee first name
- Employee last name
- Employee title
- Work email address
The 15Five<>Gusto integration is available for all Gusto customers. The auto-provisioning functionality is available to Gusto customers on the Complete or Concierge tiers.
What you’ll find in this article:
- How to set up the Gusto <> 15Five integration
- Disable syncing from Gusto to 15Five
- Deprovision 15Five accounts in Gusto
- How to disconnect
Set up the Gusto <> 15Five integration
1. Start by enabling the API key in 15Five.
2. Click on 'Settings' from the left navigation.
3. Then click on 'Features' to expand the feature settings.
4. Last, click on 'Integrations'.
5. Find the Public API option and click Enable.
6. Click Create new key.
7. Name your API Key. Do not check the 'High Fives only' box.
8. Click Save.
9. Log in to Gusto to finish the API connection flow.
10. Navigate to 'App Directory' on the left hand side of your dashboard and select 15Five.
11. Click Connect.
12. Copy and paste your API key from 15Five into the modal and click Continue to setup.
13. It's time to match your accounts in Gusto to 15Five.
14. Select the dropdown next to each individual and choose whether you want to:
- Add this individual to Gusto as an employee
- Don’t import the individual to Gusto
- Match to an existing Gusto employee account
15. After making your selection, click Match accounts.
16. Ta-da! Now your account is connected to Gusto and syncing.
17. Changes made to your employee’s name, title, work address, and manager will now be synced to 15Five to streamline your performance management processes.
Gusto also has a Help Center article walking you through integrating Gusto + 15Five.
Provisioning 15Five accounts in Gusto
1. Navigate to the 'Hiring' tab in Gusto.
2. Click Hire a new person.
3. Click Employee and then check the box to send an offer letter, if you’re using Gusto for that process. Then click Continue.
4. Complete the employee profile and select Save & continue.
5. Navigate to 'Create [employee name] software accounts' and click Start to the far right.
6. Review the current apps available to this employee and click Save & continue.
7. Make sure the box is checked for 15Five and select Save & continue.
8. Review the details on the below page and click Create accounts.
For employees with hire dates in the past, the 15Five enrollment email will be sent to the employee immediately. For employees with hire dates in the future, the email will be sent on their hire date.
Disable syncing from Gusto to 15Five
If you no longer want an employee to sync from Gusto to 15Five, you can unmatch their accounts within Gusto using the following steps. This will not deactivate the individual in Gusto or remove them from anything other than the 15Five syncs.
1. In Gusto, navigate to App directory→ Connected apps.
2. Select '15Five'.
3. Find and click on Match accounts.
4. Select the dropdown next to the employee’s name and click the Unmatch account option.
It is important to note the difference between unmatching an account vs. deleting an account. Deleting an account will remove an employee's account and access to 15Five.
5. Click Match accounts once more.
6. All done! The employee will no longer be included in syncs from Gusto to 15Five.
Deprovision 15Five accounts in Gusto
Deprovision accounts with a Gusto termination
If you are terminating an employee that has a 15Five account, you’ll be able to remove their access to 15Five as part of the Gusto termination.
1. In Gusto, navigate to the 'People' tab and select the employee you want to dismiss.
2. Find the 'Actions' section and click Start employee dismissal.
3. Complete the dismissal details and click Save & continue.
4. Uncheck the box for 15Five to have it removed from the employee and click Save & continue.
5. You’ll see a confirmation page summarizing the details of the termination and the removal from 15Five. Click Dismiss employee.
6. You’ll see a confirmation screen confirming the dismissal.
Deprovision accounts without a Gusto termination
1. In Gusto, navigate to Settings→ Integrations→ Connected apps.
2. Select '15Five'.
3. Click the three dots under the 'Action' column next to the employee you’d like to unmatch.
4. Then click Remove account.
5. Review the pop up modal before clicking Remove.
6. Wahoo! The individual will no longer have access to 15Five.
How to disconnect
If you wish to discontinue any and all employee data syncing between Gusto and 15Five, essentially disconnecting the integration, you can disable it in the 'Settings' menu in Gusto.
1. First in Gusto, find the 15Five integration page. Then click on the 'Settings' tab.
2. Click on the edit button to the right of the 'Data settings' option. Then uncheck the 'Basic employee information' box and click Update settings.
3. Now the Gusto <> 15Five integration has been disconnected and will no longer sync any employee data.